Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help Integrate WordPressMU, Buddypress, and bbpress

• I have the latest versions of WordPressMU, Buddypress, and bbpress installed on my site. Each component works fine individually, but I can’t get the logins to integrate. When I login to WordPress and I switch over to bbpress, I still need to login again. I have verified my cookie/salt/auth settings in both wp and bb config.php files. It’s driving me crazy. I’ll PAY someone to help me hack this. I’m probably just missing one simple step, but I can’t figure out what it is. Please help! Thanks!!!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Markus Pezold
    Participant

@markus-pezold

Hi yangers101,

i migrate my wordpress & bbpress installation yesterday to wordpress mu & bbpress. After the migration i have also problems with the cookie integration. The same problems i have 2 months ago for the normal cookie integration.

This article about the integration of buddypress, wpmu and bbpress helps me a lot:

http://theeasybutton.com/blog/2009/04/30/integrating-buddypress-10-wpmu-and-bbpress

For me – it was necessary to try new secret cookie keys. I changed all keyphrase in wp-config und bb-config:

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_AUTH_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

define(‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘keyphrase’);

Greets

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the tips. I followed the steps outlined in the above string, and I tried new cookies, but it’s still not working. I’ve pasted this code in the bb-config.php $bb->bb_xmlrpc_allow_user_switching = true; too and it’s still not working. Any more ideas? I appreciate the help.

For me, this is why I’d love to see a BBpress version that came with “Everything in it out of the box”, and another version that functioned identically, but was a PLUG IN for WPMU. Oh, I’d like to see WP have MU support in the core, so that one could just “tick a box” and it would be in.

In other words, I’m looking for a COMPLETE social forum portal that one can just plug in and it works.

As far as I can tell, only SMF + various Portal plug ins do that. I haven’t made a choice yet, because I love wordpress.. and the *look* here of BBpress forums is interesting. I’m just not a skilled enough hacker to get all the bits to fit together properly, and threads like this only confirm the confusion to non-hard-core developers, who have all probably gone with Expression Engine anyway.

It should work…

make sure wp-config has:

define( ‘COOKIEHASH’, ‘blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah’ );

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.websiteblah.com’ );

define( ‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

and bb-config has:

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.websiteblah.com’ );

define( ‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

you can get the correct configuration using “bbPress Integration” wordpress plugin

I tried that but it still does not work =(. I have these versions: WPMU 2.8.4a, Buddypress 1.0.3, bbpress 1.0.2. Any more ideas please?

Email me my user name at gmail.com Send me FTP and add a login for me. I’ll take a look.

This *screams out* the need for an integrated portal. Automattic could really take over the field if the new WPMU had buddypress and bbpress as one-click plugin installs that <i>just worked</i>.

eclipsenow, you can email me too. I have all three working together. Right now I’m changing certain links because the profile has to all point to BuddyPress.

Thanks gerikg! I just emailed you.

What happened so far…

Okay I looked through the file. Yangers101 was on the right track. There were some extra lines in the wp-config:

$bb->cookiepath = '';
    $bb->sitecookiepath = '';

I took those out.

The problem: “www.” The WPMU was configured to be on website.com/blogs (without the www.)

so all the settings needed to be without the “www.” or with. One or the other on both WPMU & BBpress.

Since his host forced the www. We had to put all the www. in the configuration. BBpress didn’t like the www. in the dashboard so he logged into his DB and manually changed it.

MJ

@selcyis

Im having the same issue. I setup

Everything correctly but nothing seems to work together.

Everything works great individually and its all updated to the newest versions.

Gerikg do you think you can take a look at my issue as well.

Thanks

MJ

@selcyis

So, you basically need to setup your url with a www in front of the domain?

selcyis email me.

thanks everyone – this suggestion of mis-matching ‘www’s gave me the clue i needed to get my cookies working.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar