Categories
Search
Bottom

**HELP** — Class 'WP_Post' not found

• pandagasm
    Participant

@pandagasm

Hi Guys,

I am running on a clean install of WordPress 3.4.2, and am trying to use the BBPress forum plugin (version 2.5.2). However when trying to load the forum page from my site I get the following error.

Fatal error: Class ‘WP_Post’ not found in /home/content/44/10795544/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/core/theme-compat.php on line 375

I have spent ages googling, searching this forum, but I cant find any answer that help me.

Please can someone tell me how I can fix this error? It is preventing me from using BBpress.

Thanks
    Panda

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I am running on a clean install of WordPress 3.4.2

Is that a typo? You should be using WordPress 3.8

Also what theme are you using? Try the Twenty Thirteen theme.

pandagasm
    Participant

@pandagasm

No I’m using WP 3.4.2 as that is what is included in my theme installer from Shape5. (Sports nation, Shapes5’s WP club them).

I have previously upgraded to 3.8 but it caused things in my theme to stop working so I’m staying with 3.4.2.

So bbPress doesnt work with Wp 3.4.2 ?

bbPress requires at least WordPress 3.6. I would ask the authors of that theme if they can update it for WordPress 3.8, at a bare minimum besides the improvements in the latest WordPress there are bound to be some security issues in running such an old version of WordPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar