Categories
Search
Bottom

Help! Category permalinks broken!!!

• Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Hi,

I was trying to add subforums to forum.php of a custom theme, by adding the following code from kakumei:

<?php if ( bb_forums( $forum_id ) ) : ?>
    <h2><?php _e('Subforums'); ?></h2>
    <table id="forumlist">

<tr>
    <th><?php _e('Main Theme'); ?></th>
    <th><?php _e('Topics'); ?></th>
    <th><?php _e('Posts'); ?></th>
    </tr>

<?php while ( bb_forum() ) : ?>
    <?php if (bb_get_forum_is_category()) : ?>
    <tr<?php bb_forum_class('bb-category'); ?>>
    <td colspan="3"><?php bb_forum_pad( '<div class="nest">' ); ?><a>"><?php forum_name(); ?></a><?php forum_description( array( 'before' => '<small> – ', 'after' => '</small>' ) ); ?><?php bb_forum_pad( '</div>' ); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <?php continue; endif; ?>
    <tr<?php bb_forum_class(); ?>>
    <td><?php bb_forum_pad( '<div class="nest">' ); ?><a>"><?php forum_name(); ?></a><?php forum_description( array( 'before' => '<small> – ', 'after' => '</small>' ) ); ?><?php bb_forum_pad( '</div>' ); ?></td>
    <td class="num"><?php forum_topics(); ?></td>
    <td class="num"><?php forum_posts(); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <?php endwhile; ?>
    </table>
    <?php endif; ?>

Unfortunately, I broke my site. Now, even when I go back to Kakumei, the category links on my forum front page do not take me to the forum, just to a blank white screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? I have only added the above code to forum.php , nothing more. Would this change the links somehow???

Thanks.

Y

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Aahgh, man, I have tried everything. I just can’t get the forums to work. Can anyone think of a reason why the forums would stop working after making the above edit to forum.php and PERSIST even when I revert back to Kakumei???

Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Aahgh, man, I have tried everything. I just can’t get the forums to work. Can anyone think of a reason why the forums would stop working after making the above edit to forum.php and PERSIST even when I revert back to Kakumei???

Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

ok, I solved it. somehow I’d corrupted the forum.php in my main forum directory. So glad I checked everything against the one in my original bbpress download. I’m not sure how that happened, must be late hour…

Never stop grasping at straws!

Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

ok, I solved it. somehow I’d corrupted the forum.php in my main forum directory. So glad I checked everything against the one in my original bbpress download. I’m not sure how that happened, must be late hour…

Never stop grasping at straws!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar