Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I need serious help with bbpress integration

• anickers
    Participant

@anickers

Hello, I have very basic query and I want someone to reply me in detail.

Case study presented below followed by quarries.

I have a website called myhost.com( say) , with blog( word press  latest version , database on some abc.com with the name database1  and url http://www.myhost.com/blog) and forum (bbpress standalone version 1.0, database on some mnopq.com with the name database2  http://www.myhost.com/forum)  , Both form and blog  got  many posts so, its kinda hard to do any manual shift or modification in another word option for manual shift is closed.  Also it has all the way pages are crawled by search engine so can’t afford to change the url. Now I want to shift from standalone  version of bbpress to plugin version.  As it has problem with plugin, and maintaining the two things separately. Now please read my query

1. If I install the plugin I will have forum that I know. My problem is how to keep forum and blog url still same as I dn’t want many page “not found warning: in  google webmaster tool

2. When I tried I got forum and blog has link like   http://www.myhost.com/blog and http://www.myhost.com/blog/forum which I don’t want. I still want same url for every post in my forum not inside the blog directory.

3. It might be possible that blog and forum consists common users,  may be same email address or even same user name asthe  two blog and the forum having different databsae, if now I will import will it have problem in merging. Is there any way to get the union of two users from blog and forum

Please reply asap .

Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

I would think that installing the latest bbPress, inporting data from the old one including users, deleting the old bbPress, and then changing the slugs in Settings -> Forums should do what you want.

Remember to always backup first.

anickers
    Participant

@anickers

steilenhang@  Hello, I don’t think you paid close attention to my problem. If I set slug what will i get ? base to form ?? But It will be relative to /blog directory, wouldn’t be? Please understand problem I am not sticky guy but my problem is big daddy google already crawled the forum if I change the relative path I will get many issue in webmaster, I know one solution that I can use is url rewriting in .httaccess but i am damn sure bbpress group is not fool they might have thought of this issue and must have some better solution.  Please let me know  if I can keep still base url as /blog for my blog and /forum for my forum  , not /blog/forum

steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

I did read your problem. You can make the path the way you want in the settings. I moved from an old installation to a new one myself and faced the same thing. It proved to be quite easy.

anickers
    Participant

@anickers

How did you manage, the two path?

anickers
    Participant

@anickers

Why  no one is replying, I am looking for someone pro with bbpress shall take this question as challenging and reply me. I would glad to offer him/her thanks.

anickers
    Participant

@anickers

Anyway, I solved it my way.

Thanks

kamlesh.kumar
    Participant

@kamleshkumar-1

How did you solve it? I want to make the different URL like the way you wanted. I also want /blog and /forums url separately. Please help.

anickers
    Participant

@anickers

Hello Kamlesh, send me your email address I will send you email with the example.

Process of Illumination
    Participant

@process_of_illumination

I am having the same issue, has anybody found a solution?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar