Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Having trouble integrating

• I am having extreme trouble integrating my wordpress (v3.1):

http://www.thesourcegaming.com

with my bbpress which is at http://www.thesourcegaming/forums.

When i go to settings –> word press integration –> I have a problem at:

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “auth_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “secure_auth_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “secure_auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page. Sometimes this value is not set in WordPress, in that case you can leave this setting blank as well.

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “logged_in_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “logged_in_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

The problem is I don’t see these option on my WordPress Admin page. Auth_salt, secure_aurth_salt, and logged_in_salt don’t exist on the page, I’ve looked 10000000 times.

I got the plugin and added “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” to my wp-config.php

And lastly can anyone explain what exactly what this part means?:

You will also have to manually ensure that the following constants are equivalent in WordPress’ and bbPress’ respective config files.

WordPress bbPress

AUTH_KEY <=> BB_AUTH_KEY

SECURE_AUTH_KEY <=> BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY

LOGGED_IN_KEY <=> BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY

Any help is appreciate. I’m getting really frustrated :/ trying to find what I can via google/ here.

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

No idea why you haven’t got them, but to rectify I would simply download latest WP install package, check out wp-config-sample.php copy the salts section from there, use the salt generator (url inside the comments of the sample php file) and try that as your new config.

Mind you I don’t know if altering salts after your installation will mess up your installation so back up your existing config as well.

Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

Also the file that should have salts is wp-config.php and it shouldn’t be in your wp-admin folder but your root of wp installation (e.g. the directory above wp-admin). I don’t have a plain ‘config.php’ in either directory. That’s latest installation which I ran a few days ago with no modifications done to it anyway.

Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

Also the file that should have salts is wp-config.php and it shouldn’t be in your wp-admin folder but your root of wp installation (e.g. the directory above wp-admin). I don’t have a plain ‘config.php’ in either directory. That’s latest installation which I ran a few days ago with no modifications done to it anyway.

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar