Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Having trouble integrating

• I am having extreme trouble integrating my wordpress (v3.1):

http://www.thesourcegaming.com

with my bbpress which is at http://www.thesourcegaming/forums.

When i go to settings –> word press integration –> I have a problem at:

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “auth_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “secure_auth_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “secure_auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page. Sometimes this value is not set in WordPress, in that case you can leave this setting blank as well.

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “logged_in_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “logged_in_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

The problem is I don’t see these option on my WordPress Admin page. Auth_salt, secure_aurth_salt, and logged_in_salt don’t exist on the page, I’ve looked 10000000 times.

I got the plugin and added “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” to my wp-config.php

And lastly can anyone explain what exactly what this part means?:

You will also have to manually ensure that the following constants are equivalent in WordPress’ and bbPress’ respective config files.

WordPress bbPress

AUTH_KEY <=> BB_AUTH_KEY

SECURE_AUTH_KEY <=> BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY

LOGGED_IN_KEY <=> BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY

Any help is appreciate. I’m getting really frustrated :/ trying to find what I can via google/ here.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Followed step by step successfully and integrated bbpress with only a few problems, these were the few errors on install:

>>> WordPress “auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “auth” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “auth” cookie salt in your database.

>>> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “logged in” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “logged in” cookie salt in your database.

It did however port over my users to bbpress and I can login my admin account on bbpress, but my login doesn’t port over to the wordpress site. I went to bbpress admin –> wordpress integration, and it asks for the following:

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “auth_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “logged_in_salt” in your WordPress site. Look for the option labeled “logged_in_salt” in this WordPress admin page.

The problem is I don’t have or see these values on the WordPress admin page (http://thesourcegaming.com/wp-admin/options.php). I tried pasting the key values for these found in wp-config.php, but it didnt work. Do I have to do the “bbPress Integration” plugin for WordPress first before this step will work? Do I have to make sure the key values in both bb-config.php and wp-config.php files are the same first before it will work?

Please help, I feel like I am on my last leg of finishing this, and a success would mean a lot after so many hours at it and trying.

Thanks!

Followed step by step successfully and integrated bbpress with only a few problems, these were the few errors on install:

>>> WordPress “auth” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “auth” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “auth” cookie salt in your database.

>>> WordPress “logged in” cookie salt not set.

>>>>>> Could not fetch “logged in” cookie salt from the WordPress options table.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “logged in” cookie salt in your database.

It did however port over my users to bbpress and I can login my admin account on bbpress, but my login doesn’t port over to the wordpress site. I went to bbpress admin –> wordpress integration, and it asks for the following:

The problem is I don’t have or see these values on the WordPress admin page (http://thesourcegaming.com/wp-admin/options.php). I tried pasting the key values for these found in wp-config.php, but it didnt work. Do I have to do the “bbPress Integration” plugin for WordPress first before this step will work? Do I have to make sure the key values in both bb-config.php and wp-config.php files are the same first before it will work?

Please help, I feel like I am on my last leg of finishing this, and a success would mean a lot after so many hours at it and trying.

Thanks!

I may have put too much detail in the post above. Basically, users made on either wordpress/ bbpress port over to each just fine. It’s just that you have to individually logon in BOTH WordPress and BBpress. The login status doesn’t port over. Seems like the last thing I need to fix. The errors and message I put in my previous post still applies, I haven’t done anything more yet. Afraid I might mess up so close to being done.

I may have put too much detail in the post above. Basically, users made on either wordpress/ bbpress port over to each just fine. It’s just that you have to individually logon in BOTH WordPress and BBpress. The login status doesn’t port over. Seems like the last thing I need to fix. The errors and message I put in my previous post still applies, I haven’t done anything more yet. Afraid I might mess up so close to being done.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

I’ve been having this problem, too. Users are made and stored in WP and you can use both BBP and WP just fine. But you have to re-login to either.

It used to work a few WP releases back– before 2.8 I think? At some point fairly recently it stopped. I’d love a solution to this, but to be honest I’m just biding my time until the plugin becomes part of WP proper and the issue will (in theory) be moot.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

I’ve been having this problem, too. Users are made and stored in WP and you can use both BBP and WP just fine. But you have to re-login to either.

It used to work a few WP releases back– before 2.8 I think? At some point fairly recently it stopped. I’d love a solution to this, but to be honest I’m just biding my time until the plugin becomes part of WP proper and the issue will (in theory) be moot.

so if user databases are working fine between the two, is it safe to say the problem resides with the cookies and the login keys. Considering I didn’t see anything in the admin/config.php about them in the php. All these guides say to look there for them, but they simply aren’t there (in 3.1 of WordPress anyways). Has anyone here done the 3.1 install and successfully gotten full integration between the two (only 1 login on either or will work)?

so if user databases are working fine between the two, is it safe to say the problem resides with the cookies and the login keys. Considering I didn’t see anything in the admin/config.php about them in the php. All these guides say to look there for them, but they simply aren’t there (in 3.1 of WordPress anyways). Has anyone here done the 3.1 install and successfully gotten full integration between the two (only 1 login on either or will work)?

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

From my hours of searching, attempting to repair things I’ve got it nailed down to being a cookie problem, and it seems to be a wordpress thing.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

From my hours of searching, attempting to repair things I’ve got it nailed down to being a cookie problem, and it seems to be a wordpress thing.

Any recommendation Ashfame? Do you have it currently working with 3.1 wordpress and latest bbpress?

Any recommendation Ashfame? Do you have it currently working with 3.1 wordpress and latest bbpress?

I added the “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” line in wp-config.php and now it will log me off admin account if i log off via WordPress only. That’s it though.

I added the “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” line in wp-config.php and now it will log me off admin account if i log off via WordPress only. That’s it though.

Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

I’m having a slightly different problem. When logging in to WordPress then going over to the bb_press area, the login status transfers (I get recognised as an admin), but the admin link wont work – it just leaves me on my bb_press front page? If I log out then log in on the bb_press login I get to my admin panel just fine :-s

Have I messed something up? Pretty sure the salts etc. are all ok – it wouldn’t recognise my admin status otherwise surely?

Edit: not just the link btw, directly going to admin url just bounces back to front page.

Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

I’m having a slightly different problem. When logging in to WordPress then going over to the bb_press area, the login status transfers (I get recognised as an admin), but the admin link wont work – it just leaves me on my bb_press front page? If I log out then log in on the bb_press login I get to my admin panel just fine :-s

Have I messed something up? Pretty sure the salts etc. are all ok – it wouldn’t recognise my admin status otherwise surely?

Edit: not just the link btw, directly going to admin url just bounces back to front page.

no one :[?

no one :[?

Hi

I’ve just installed bbpress on a side with wordpress, and succeded!

It was a bit complicated, and i went through installation procedure twice.

I used this as a guide:

http://wordpress.tv/2009/01/23/integrating-a-bbpress-forum-with-your-self-installed-wordpress/

During the first (unsuccessfull) installation I installed bbpress in parallel to wordpress, ex:

…/wordpress

…/bbpress

I experienced some of the same symptoms as mentioned above

During the second installation (after dropping the bb_* tables using phpAdmin) i installed exactly like in the video, ie

…/wordpress/forums

And surprise!!! It works perfectly!

Im not in a position where I can use more time exploring why this and not the other works, but someone might have an explanation.

All the best and good luck

Hi

I’ve just installed bbpress on a side with wordpress, and succeded!

It was a bit complicated, and i went through installation procedure twice.

I used this as a guide:

http://wordpress.tv/2009/01/23/integrating-a-bbpress-forum-with-your-self-installed-wordpress/

During the first (unsuccessfull) installation I installed bbpress in parallel to wordpress, ex:

…/wordpress

…/bbpress

I experienced some of the same symptoms as mentioned above

During the second installation (after dropping the bb_* tables using phpAdmin) i installed exactly like in the video, ie

…/wordpress/forums

And surprise!!! It works perfectly!

Im not in a position where I can use more time exploring why this and not the other works, but someone might have an explanation.

All the best and good luck

the only problem it seems is that i simply dont have “auth_salt” and “logged_in_salt” in my wp-admin/config.php in WordPress. which means I can’t add those values in integration which is why it wont stay logged on across WP/ bbpress. Can anyone explain what to do :/ or why it’s not there?

the only problem it seems is that i simply dont have “auth_salt” and “logged_in_salt” in my wp-admin/config.php in WordPress. which means I can’t add those values in integration which is why it wont stay logged on across WP/ bbpress. Can anyone explain what to do :/ or why it’s not there?

Beeblbrox

@beeblbrox

No idea why you haven’t got them, but to rectify I would simply download latest WP install package, check out wp-config-sample.php copy the salts section from there, use the salt generator (url inside the comments of the sample php file) and try that as your new config.

Mind you I don’t know if altering salts after your installation will mess up your installation so back up your existing config as well.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar