Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Gigya (Facebook Connect and others) for bbPress

• Silvanovicz

@silvanovicz

Hi guys – just came across this Gigya platform, which allows users to login via Facebook Connect, Twitter and other platforms. The site references bbPress as well (saying the plugin works for both WordPress and bbPress), but I can’t actually much documentation about the bbPress side of things.

I know a lot of you guys are keen for some sort of Facebook Connect plugin, so thought this might be the one to explore? Has anyone tried this product yet and is it any good?

http://blog.gigya.com/?p=911

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • “Currently, plug-ins for both WordPress and bbPress, WordPress’ forum software solution are available.”

*sigh*

Apparently the bbPress plugin is still in alpha, as of about 10 days ago:

http://forum.gigya.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=1619

The WordPress one is released though, so maybe it’d be fine under a WP/bbP integration setup

Dailytalker

@dailytalker

For security reasons I don’t want integrate bbpress into wordpress. There is no need to use facebook connect for the blog. I just need facebook connect for bbpress. I have an own Facebook API and want to connect my fb-fanpage with bbpress. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do it.

I just obtained the “alpha” version of the Gigya bbPress plugin directly from a developer at Gigya, who emailed it to me. Unfortunately, it’s been in “alpha” for more than a year and they are unwilling to support it or help me get it to work. It’s on my backlog to take a look at this and find out what the problem is.

For what it’s worth, the Gigya wordpress plugin works pretty well, though last time I tried it, it was not pulling Facebook users’ profile pics, which is potentially confusing to the user. Otherwise I was impressed with it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar