Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Getting Plugin URL

• Gautam

@gautam2011

I am creating a bbPress Plugin (actually editing a wordpress plugin). I want to get the plugin url link. How to get that? I am stuck there…….

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You can submit plugins here:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/forum/requests

Once they’re approved, you’ll get a bbPress URL for your plugin. :-)

r-a-y
    Participant

@r-a-y

I think gautam2011 means outputting the path to bbPress’ plugin URL directory.

Is there a constant variable like WP_PLUGIN_URL?

I’m looking for this too! I’m porting a WP plugin over.

[EDIT]

Found it! It’s in bb-settings.php

The variable is BB_PLUGIN_URL.

Simple as that! :)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

BB_PLUGIN_URL is useless as there are several places a user can put a plugin. Most users also don’t know they aren’t supposed to use bb-plugins and make my-plugins because the powers that be refuse to ship bbpress with a pre-made my-plugins directory.

After much trial and error and problems reported by windows users, I figured this out:

$url=bb_get_option('uri').trim(str_replace(array(trim(BBPATH,"/\"),"\"),array("","/"),dirname(__FILE__)),' /\').'/';

$path=rtrim(dirname(__FILE__),' /\').'/';

Where $url is the full uri to the local plugin’s directory (ie. if you have an image in there, that’s the url to it)

The $path is the local storage path that will work in both windows and linux.

It may look like these functions can be simplified but if you do that, I guarantee you’ll break it under one environment or another.

Gautam

@gautam2011

Thanks ck…

But, you forgot to escape .

So, the correct code is:

$url = bb_get_option('uri').trim(str_replace(array(trim(BBPATH,"/\"),"\"),array("","/"),dirname(__FILE__)),' /\').'/';

Gautam

@gautam2011

Oh…

The forum changed double into single

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar