Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Full Size Forum

• SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

I would like to make my forums full size. Anyone know how to do that?

I managed to get rid of my forum sidebar with the following css code:

body.bbPress #sidebar {display:none;}
    .bbp-forums, .bbp-forums td, .bbp-forums th {

text-align: left;

width: 100%;

}

.bbPress .inner-content {

margin: 0;

width: 960px;

}

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

• SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

Sorry forgot to add link:

http://www.kcnanobrews.com/forums/

kmjamal
    Participant

@kmjamal

Where did you add the css code? I mean which css file? Do i have to add this code in my theme css file?

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

I created a child theme and added it to the style.css. But it won’t make the forums full width. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find a solution to this. Everyone seems to have the same problem.

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

I created a child theme and added it to the style.css. But it won’t make the forums full width. I don’t know why it’s so hard to find a solution to this. Everyone seems to have the same problem.

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

Can anyone help with this? I would like my forums to be full size.

@mercime

@mercime

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

Sorry, I’m new to coding so please bare with me.

I have a child theme. All I want is the general forum size to be full width and the sidebar removed. Exactly which files should I copy over? And what changes should I make to that file?

Once I know how to make the changes and get this work I’ll be able to take it from there.

Thanks.

@mercime

@mercime

@supernaturalbrews just to clarify …

– when you say “general forum” do you mean just the forum directory page or all of your forum pages?

– child theme of which theme?

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

@mercime anything related to bbpress I would like to have full width without sidebar.

I’m using triton lite.

I put the above code into the child theme css and it got rid of the sidebar but its not full width.

Here is the link to the forums:

@mercime

@mercime

@supernaturalbrews for Triton Lite, make a copy of page-no-sidebar.php file from parent theme and Save As bbpress.php in your child theme folder.

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

@mercime I did that and it didn’t do anything.

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

@mercime never mind the last message! It seems to working! Maybe it took awhile to update.

There is a faint dotted line going up from posts. You have any clue how I can get rid of that?

Thanks for all your help! I’m so excited! I owe you a beer!

@mercime

@mercime

@supernaturalbrews Beer accepted 🙂 Cheers

There is a faint dotted line going up from posts

Not sure what you mean. Page link with the issue?

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

@mercime

If you look at the homepage there is a vertical dotted line separating the main content and the sidebar. Not huge thing, but I would like it removed from the bbpress forum. I figure once that is removed I have a clean template to go with.

I know its a separate plugin but would you know how to make all the buddypress pages full width?

plasterius
    Participant

@plasterius

Hi,

I’m still trying to figure out how to display a full size forum on our site. It’s really frustrating.

@mercime

@mercime

@supernaturalbrews Re full-width BuddyPress pages: I see that you’re already using BP 1.7 beta 1, good for you! Make a copy of page-no-sidebar.php file from parent theme and Save As buddypress.php in your child theme folder.

To remove the vertical dotted line in the midst of full-width BP and bbP pages, add the following to your child theme’s style.css file:

body.BuddyPress #posts,
    body.bbPress #posts {
    background: transparent none;
    }

@mercime

@mercime

@plasterius did you create bbpress.php from your own theme’s full-width template per info posted above?

plasterius
    Participant

@plasterius

no i haven’t. where should i put it then?

@mercime

@mercime

@plasterius Find the full-width template of your theme if you have any, open it with a text editor and save as bbpress.php and place that into your theme’s folder in serer. What theme are you using?

plasterius
    Participant

@plasterius

i’m using a nebraska template from themeforest. under theme options it has a possibillity to display it as boxed and full width but i can’t find anything related in editor or wp files. i think if i gave you the credentials you would probably solve this but since the forum here doesn’t have any pm’s it’s a bit tricky.

SupernaturalBrews
    Participant

@supernaturalbrews

@mercime you are amazing! everything works.

Seriously, if your ever in KC message me and I’ll buy you a beer!

Cheers!

@mercime

@mercime

@supernaturalbrews Glad it worked out well for you. Sure, raincheck on the beer in KC! 🙂

@plasterius
    no need and please don’t give credentials to people you just “met” in forums. I gather by your response that the theme has proprietary code within. I will suggest that you contact theme author and ask which template or ask for a template that will render full-width layout.

Oazar
    Participant

@oazar

hello there,

I have the same issue, but not sure I really understood what to do.

I found the proper no-sidebar-page template in my website theme.
    I understand I should save it as bbpress.php, but NOT Where I should place it then.
    I don’t have a child theme… so what should I do please ?

Oazar
    Participant

@oazar

Oh that’s Okay I gt it eventually. I place the renamed file simply in the theme folder with other php file,s, and it perfectly worked !
    Thanks for the solution !

@mercime

@mercime

@oazar glad you resolved your issue. Cheers.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar