Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not working in Custom WP/BP Install

• I’ve created a multi-use blog site for our Intranet and would like to have the Forums functing working. Unfortunately, this is what happens when I try to start a forum or put allow forum into a group:

bbPress forum integration in BuddyPress has been set up correctly. If you are having problems you can re-install (I did this)

NOTE: The forums directory will only work if your bbPress tables are in the same database as your WordPress tables. If you are not using an existing bbPress install you can ignore this message.

As you can see, I’ve tried the re-install, which I have to do manually as we have all sorts of blocks on our server. That did not help and I received the following when I try to start a forum:

$bb->custom_user_table = ‘wp_users’; $bb->custom_user_meta_table = ‘wp_usermeta’; $bb->uri = ‘http://intranet.kki.org/school/social/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/’; $bb->name = ‘ Forums’; define(‘BB_AUTH_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’); define(‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 2); ?>

I don’t know what this means or why it is happening. Any thoughts on the matter. I’m using Custom Community theme that I’ve done a lot of customization on. WordPress works fine as do all the other BuddyPress plug-in’s I’ve activated.

Thanks, Debra

PS – just joined this group, how do I change my password and add an avitar?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I believe Avatars are controlled by your Gravatar (gravatar.com)

Click your name in the “Welcome, Debra” segment above to change your password.

I believe Avatars are controlled by your Gravatar (gravatar.com)

Click your name in the “Welcome, Debra” segment above to change your password.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar