Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not displaying?

• Adam

@adam_wordpress

I have a single install of bbpress, no other plugins and i am using a theme in which I placed: add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ ); in the functions.php file. When creating a forum and testing it out I am taken toa page where I get a 404 error….

this theme is a wordpress theme. I managed to get it to work….No not really. the forums do not seem to work properly with ordinary wordpress themes. is there no smooth integration between the two?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Only add that line if YOU have taken control of bbPress’s theming with a custom theme. Meaning, YOU have physically created all the files bbPress expects. If you haven’t, don’t tell bbPress you’ve added add theme support. This is outlined in the sticky topic at the forum index.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

I was confused by the sticky hence why I asked. Also so since I didnt do that and this is a wordpress theme how would I make it so that bbpress seamlessly integrates with it? if possibly? because with out this line I get 404 pages when going to the forum section…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You said by using that line you get a 404 error. Now you didn’t? I don’t understand.

You can try visiting your permalinks page. They might need a flush.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

No I said I managed to get it to work. How ever when visiting the page with the topic or forum its a WordPress page. When NOT using that code snippit i got the 404 page

I don’t understand your sticky post on how to make a theme (I am assuming WordPress themes can be created into) compatibility with bbpress.

for what I understand of that sticky since I am the author of my theme I go into the bbpress default theme and copy all the files out of there and paste them into my theme. This would over ride things like my css, functions and possibly other files. what would you suggest to do to get around this (instead of creating a child theme).

So here is what I did – as I read the sticky like 10 times:

I copied all the files, except for the style and the functions.php and pasted them into my theme. these are the files from the from the bbpress default theme and pasted into my current wordpress theme. I then added the php code snipit to my functions.php like the sticky states. I then activated it (the theme) and went to where the forums should be. I am now getting 404 errors.

ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar