Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums Menu Gone

• bigjimj
    Participant

@bigjimj

The “Forums” menu in the WP Admin panel has disappeared. I can no longer create Forums, Topics and Replies.

I am running bbPress 2.3.1; BuddyPress 1.7.1; WP 3.5.1; Frisco Theme 1.6.13

http://Skynyrd.com

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Jeff Hester
    Participant

@bigblueball

I’ve got the same problem. Running the latest version of everything. Been having no problems until I tried to go and create a new forum today. The front-end is working fine.

http://socalhiker.net/community/

Help!

Jeff Hester
    Participant

@bigblueball

Here’s the solution:

Once I went to Settings / Forums / and ticked the check box:

“Automatically assign default role to new, registered users upon visiting the site.”

then saved, the ‘Forums’, ‘Topics’, and ‘Replies’ admin menus showed up.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’m addressing this in the next release. It’s a bit of a catch 22, though it’s seemingly only happening on older installations where auto-role was turned off.

Jeff Hester
    Participant

@bigblueball

Thanks, John. I found the solution but had to do a little digging. It was on page two of the comments about the last release.

bigjimj
    Participant

@bigjimj

Glad to see a response to this. Thanks for the info. I’m still having a problem however.

I don’t even have “Forums” in my settings menu anymore. When I click on “Settings” link for bbPress from the plugins section I get the message that I do not have permission to view that page.

The user profile that I have always used has the roles listed as “Administrator” and “Keymaster.” I also have another profile on my site and I changed the roles on that profile to be “Keymaster” for both Site Roll and Forum Roll. When I log in with that account I the the error message “Cheatin” uh?”

Thanks for any further help you can give me.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar