Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Sub Forums disappears if category description is entered

• royho
    Participant

@royho

I am seeing this strange behavior where if category description is entered, all sub-forums under that parent category will disappear and even clicking into the category does not reveal them.

Steps to produce:

1. Create category TEST
    2. Create forum FORUM and select TEST as category
    3. Edit TEST category and enter some description/update

And to add to that, even if I go back to delete the description, it doesn’t work.

Anyone seeing this?

EDIT: Updated title to include ‘private’ context (@Netweb)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I cannot reproduce this, what versions of bbPress & WordPress are you using?

What are the permalinks?
    – ‘TEST’ /forum/test/
    – ‘FORUM’ /forum/test/forum/

royho
    Participant

@royho

I am using bbPress 2.2.2 on WordPress 3.4.2. My permalinks are set to /%category%/%postname%/ and bbPress base is default. Another words, I didn’t change any permalink structure in bbPress.

And I am see the issue on http://domain.com/forums/

royho
    Participant

@royho

Here is a screencast showing the issue -> http://screencast.com/t/Gjxt7if0

royho
    Participant

@royho

I researched this some more and found the problem to be with the category/forum setup. If the forum is not under any parent category, it works fine. Once it is under any category parent, it will break.

Take note that I realize it is not just the category description causing issue but any reply to the sub-forum under the parent category will also break it.

OK… I see this now… None of your previous posts had mentioned that this was happening when the setting for the category/forum was ‘Private’.

I’ll create a ticketbug report on trac later after some more research on the issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar