Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Topic "Notify me…" checkbox not appearing.

• lamarant
    Participant

@lamarant

Hi,

I have a new installation of WP/Buddypress that I’ve installed and I have a question regarding Group Forums. For some reason I am not seeing the “Notify me of follow-up replies via e-mail” checkbox that should appear below the “tags” option as seen in these forums as well as here:

http://mercime.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bp-forums-19.gif

Driving me nuts. Is there a way to turn this feature on? What am I missing?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • In the bbPress forum settings there is a setting ‘Subscriptions – Allow users to subscribe to topics’ and this should be checked to enable users to subscribe to topics.

lamarant
    Participant

@lamarant

No luck…that setting is already checked and still no checkbox shows up. I’m using the “Huddle” theme. Do you think this is theme related?

Try switching to the ‘Twenty Eleven’ theme and see what happens.

jeffacubed
    Participant

@jeffacubed

Hi @lamarant,

This ‘anamoly’ nearly drover me bonkers, until I finally discovered the ‘BuddyPress Group Email Subscription’ (when activated) plugin lead to the ‘Subscribe’ & ‘“Notify me of follow-up replies via e-mail” button/links to disappearing in bbPress Topics. In my case I’m using BuddyPress 1.6.4 & bbPress 2.3 RC1 & WP 3.5.1

I’m not sure is this could be your issue, but it 100% was mine. I still need to dig-into the code to see what’s really causing the conflict, but (for-now) DE-activating the ‘BuddyPress Group Email Subscription’ does resolve this issue for me.

Hope that helps,

-Jeff

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar