Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Forum still not working right…


  • helmutforren
    Participant

    @helmutforren

    This is regarding http://saveourgrace.com/forums/

    I believe I followed all the instructions properly. However, initially, my WordPress “Page” with link above was blank. I found advice at http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-forum-blank-pages/ that it may be a theme issue, so I simply added the short code [bbp-forum-index].

    This got the page working as you can see it now. It properly shows the “Fundraising” forum. However, the number of topics is listed as 0, and when I click on the forum name, I get the otherwise blank page at http://saveourgrace.com/forums/forum/fundraising/ .

    I did add a topic per the instructions, and confirmed on the topics list page that my topic belongs to the fundraising forum.

    I am using the theme “Academica” version 1.2.2. I changed to “Twenty Thirteen” temporarily, and things seemed much better. I could see and get into the topic. If I figure out how to make the topic show with “Academica”, am I nevertheless going to find myself fighting an endless battle with this theme? Or should one more fix take care of it? (Of course, if it is just one more fix, what might that fix be?)

    Note I’m using WordPress 3.9.1.

    Thanks very much,
    Helmut

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

  • Robin W
    Moderator

    @robin-w

    maybe this thread will help

    http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/blank-page-problem-with-academica-theme/

    come back if not !


    helmutforren
    Participant

    @helmutforren

    Robin, your advice worked, once properly adapted. Thanks very much.

    For others, here’s how you get to the place to edit functions.php. From the Dashboard, select Appearance then Editor. Notice list of files on the RIGHT column. Find “Theme Functions (functions.php)” and click on that. Now you’ll be editing the correct file.

    For my version of Academica 1.2.2, there was only one occurrence of text “is_single”, and that was the right place.

    OLD SINGLE LINE OF CODE NEEDING CHANGE (see later for more lines to get context):

    
            echo get_category_parents( $cat, true, $sep ) . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
    

    NEW SIX LINES REPLACING LINE ABOVE (see later for more lines to get context):

    
            //support bbPress.  HgF per adaptation of akkkarki
            if (empty($cat)) {
                echo $before . get_the_title() . $after;
            } else {
                echo get_category_parents( $cat, true, $sep ) . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
            }
    

    OLD CODE (MORE LINES FOR CONTEXT):

    
    } elseif ( is_single() ) {
        if ( is_attachment() ) {
            global $post;
            echo 'post_parent ) . '">' . get_the_title( $post->post_parent ) . '' . $sep . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
        } else {
            $cat = get_the_category(); $cat = $cat[0];
            echo get_category_parents( $cat, true, $sep ) . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
        }
    

    NEW CODE (MORE LINES FOR CONTEXT):

    
    } elseif ( is_single() ) {
        if ( is_attachment() ) {
            global $post;
            echo 'post_parent ) . '">' . get_the_title( $post->post_parent ) . '' . $sep . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
        } else {
            $cat = get_the_category(); $cat = $cat[0];
            //support bbPress.  HgF per adaptation of akkkarki
            if (empty($cat)) {
                echo $before . get_the_title() . $after;
            } else {
                echo get_category_parents( $cat, true, $sep ) . $before . get_the_title() . $after;
            }
        }
    

    Robin W
    Moderator

    @robin-w

    Great – glad you’re fixed, and thanks for posting the latest code needed ! :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.