Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum root

• koendb
    Participant

@koendb

I want my forum root to display the a list of forums instead of their parent categories.
    I am able to do this using these shortcodes on a page I added myself:

[bbp-single-forum id=10621]
    [bbp-single-forum id=10623]
    [bbp-single-forum id=10625]
    [bbp-single-forum id=10627]
    [bbp-single-forum id=10611]

You can see this working on my forum page. This is how I want my forum root to look.

But when navigating the forum, the breadcrumbs link to the ‘real’ forum root. When I add
    echo do_shortcode('[bbp-single-forum id=10621]');
    to the template file of this page it adds the categories index again (just like [bbp-forum-index] would).

How could I get the individual forums on the forum root OR change the links in my breadcrumb?
    Thank!

WP 3.8
    bbPress 2.5.1

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• koendb
    Participant

@koendb

Hmm this looks like a bug. I just posted this topic, but it’s not in the recent topics list and on my profile it has a freshness of 1 year and 6 months. Think it’s the slug. So BUMP 😉

koendb
    Participant

@koendb

I read a lot of questions about what to do with the forum root, so I figured I post something other might use as well. My workaround:

– I made a page with all my forum categories, like I described above.
    – The forum root uses the bbpress.php template and in that file I made an if statement to check if the template is serving the forum-root. If that happens the template shows the last 25 active topics.
    – Both pages have a header like this:
    —————
    Forum
    | Sorted on category | Active topics |
    —————
    That way it’s very obvious how to go to the counter-page.

Breadcrumbs now direct to the last active topics page, while the ‘forum’ link in my top navigation directs to the forum page (sorted on subject). Not perfect, but it’s the best I could think of.

Any further help / suggestion are appreciated!

Results:
    http://www.24baby.nl/community/ (last active)
    http://www.24baby.nl/forum/ (on category)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar