Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Root Page Showing Blog Page Instead

• steacha
    Participant

@steacha

This is my first time trying bbpress. Installation went without a hitch, but I noticed a weird behaviour. After installing bbpress and setting my forum base to ‘forums’ and my forum slug to ‘forum’, going to mydomain.com/forums shows me my blog page instead. And, going to mydomain.com/forum gives me a Not Found error. Any ideas of what I am missing?

Ideally, I’d like my readers to access the root of the Forums by going to mydomain.com/forums.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Go to the Settings > Permalinks page. When you bring that page up it flushes the permalinks. After that try to bring up those pages again and see if that helps.

steacha
    Participant

@steacha

That didn’t help, unfortunately. I am thinking this might have something to the template I am using because when I switch back to 2010, it seems to work as expected.

AntonyC
    Participant

@antonyc

Hi, I get the same problem, which also persists after flushing the permalinks – would be great to hear how you got on.
    Cheers, Antony

steacha
    Participant

@steacha

Supposedly, there’s a fix for it here: http://mysitemyway.com/docs/index.php/BbPress

But, the fix doesn’t appear to work quite well if you use plugins that add “HTM” extension to your pages etc.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar