Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum reset deletes wordpress meta data

• edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

Strange problem. I’m trying to migrate from 1.2 to 2.3 without any success. The import hangs at around 37,000 replies. Forums, posts and replies are showing up to about 8 months ago but no fresher than that. I suspect this is because I tried the import about 8 months ago and we now have duplicate users.

But when trying to reset the forum (plugin not standalone) many thousands of meta data points are deleted from wordpress. As a result thousands of blog post tags and categories have disappeared.

I will restore the database but I have no idea how to progress the import from here.

Any ideas? We have been trying for a week now in what had become a very frustrating process. It’s also become expensive since I contacted a developer to help. Any advice is much appreciated.

Website is unitedrant.co.uk

1.2 is at \forum
    2.3 is at \forums

Ed

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

Hi. No ideas?

In order to progress the migration I really need to clean out the failed import. But I cannot do that without deleting the meta data. If I delete the meta data I lose thousands of data points from my blog.

I’d *really* appreciate some help from the developers here. Or perhaps nobody cares?

edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

Any ideas at all?

Ok simple question. Can anybody tell my what MySQl table the “imported” data is held in when I migrate from 1.2 to 2.3 using the BBpress importer tool?

Thanks

Ed

edwardbarker
    Participant

@edwardbarker

Well after more than a week of total frustration I’m just about to give up. I’ve tried endlessly to find a solution without luck. I’ve hired a developer who has done a week’s worth of work at significant expense without any luck.

We’ve imported some of the old forum but not all of it. http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/forums/ – as you can see while some replies are as fresh as 3 months old none of the topics imported are newer than 9 months old. Nobody can work out why the importer won’t bring all of it over.

I’ve reset the BBPress 2.3 forum twice and each time not only the metadata associated with the forum posts is deleted but that associated with blog posts too (resulting in mass deletion of categories and tags).

I’ve also tried 3 times to post on this forum without any help at all. After using BBpress for fours years I feel very let down by the community.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar