Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum not loading correctly – over night bug

• nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem – no changes made to the site or plugins what so ever. bbpress worked just fine. But from one day to another my main forum/category does not load correctly anymore. So all others still show without problems, but the main forum just shows up blank. Could this be a server issue? I have contacted admin, but he says all ok from server side.

Have a look here: Regular loading forum (as it should look): bit.ly/19YsTma

Not working forum: bit.ly/19YsU9K

Any ideas or suggestions? May bbpress be running into memory issues or so? This is the forum with the mosts topipcs and replies…but not aure if that is the reason for the problem.

I already tried resaving permalinks and settings, nothing helped. Wp debug also did not show up anything unusual.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help,
    Peter

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

I should also add that I already ran a database repair & optimize plugin…also no changes, so all clean here

Ok, that’s pretty weird, your other forums appear to work fine as do topics even in that forum.

Can you try switching to the Twenty Thirteen theme and see if it still occurs.

Also can you try changing the ‘Topics per page’ setting for bbPress down to 2 or 3 and see how that behaves (try this with both your theme and the Twenty Thirteen theme).

nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your answer!

1) Changing to TwentyThirteem Theme = no change
    2) Changing Topics per page to 3 (on both themes) = no change
    3) Changing Topics per page to 2 (on both themes) = IT WORKS

–> Thanks for your help! So what do you suspect as origin of the issue? Is it a server related thing? I actually installed a 1:1 copy of the site (including DB) on another server and there it actually worked normally…so I thought it had to be a server thing.

Perhaps you can let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it,
    Peter

nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

(–> btw, I set back the Topics per page to 15 –> as I also asked my server admin to look into it and I don’t want him to think its all normal again 😉

It could be a server memory issue.

Create a new forum (hidden or private if you don’t want others to see it and start creating some topics as your other forums all have less than 6 topics, see what happens once you get to 10 topics etc Does it still work now? What 20 topics?

nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

Hi Stephen,

that’s also what I thought –> Server admin disagrees. He said we have 128MB memory here…possibly anything more specific I could tell server admin?

I think the border of toics could be 50 –> worked fine prior to that in that exact forum.

Thanks,
    Peter

I haven’t really got any fresh thoughts on this except to try my suggestions above on creating a new forum and then topics to try and replicate the issue in a different forum.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Both links look okay to me. What exactly is (or was) broken?

I see it is partially working now with your topics set to 5 per page (via bit.ly/19YsU9K)

As soon as I navigate to page 2 things go horribly wrong though. Yet pages 3 – 11 also work as expected.

It appears that the topic hxxp://forum.trocandofraldas.com.br/topico/tentando-engravidar/

By author hxxp://forum.trocandofraldas.com.br/users/izabllenicole-moreiraguimaraes-7/

Is the cause of the issue, why I do not know but as soon as you try to view that topic everything goes wrong or by trying to view that topic in the authors profile.

Can you move that topic to another forum and set your pagination back to 15 topics per page and see if that forum now works as expected.

I would also via the backend have a good look at that topic content to make sure there is no incorrect HTML markup that would be causing rendering issues.

nyhotdogman
    Participant

@nyhotdogman

Hi Stephen!

Thanks for the tip –> it actually was a single reply by one user. I have no idea why – just a single sentence, no spam, no html, no attachments. I deleted that reply and now all shows up 100% correct again.

Thanks a lot of your help, I really appreciate it!
    Peter

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar