Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum moderation / merge topics etc

• Hi,

Is there a way for me to easily merge Forums, topics, split topics and so forth?

I would like to merge a couple of my forums. I just imported my phpbb2 40 meg forum to bbpress. It works super! But I have so many forums and would like to merge them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• benzilla069

@benzilla069

Since the move-it plugin is outdated, is there any other way to “manually” merge (or split) a topic for the time being?

In my case I would like to add an Index reply as the first post to some of my older threads, is that possible?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Do not use the move-it plugin until it is radically updated.

There is no proper way to split/merge topics because it would affect many plugins which track things based on the topic id.

Since bbPress never had action hooks for split/merge, all plugins in existance are ignorant of such changes happening and you risk corrupting your forums.

Split/Merge is on the agenda for bbPress 1.5, so maybe a year from now it might be possible. But again, all plugins that store tracking information on topic id’s will need updating, including a dozen of my own.

So yes, you could manually do it, or even force it via move-it, but you will break your forum sooner or later.

Just wondering, did 1.0 change anything about the underlying problems (action hooks or similar) to see this functionality happen on a reliable basis?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar