Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum link not showing in admin

• Seojobb
    Participant

@seojobb

Hello all

I have installed bbPress Version bbPress 2.5.4-5380 on my WordPress 4.0 and i have activated bbPress plugin.
    Now the problem is there is no forum menu in admin panel. Only new thing is forum statistics on
    Dashborard when i login but if i try to click on it this message shows : Cheat you huh

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

David Artiss
    Participant

@dartiss

I had the exact same issue. Switching to a basic theme didn’t work but deactivating all plugins did. However, after re-activating them all one-by-one the issue hasn’t re-appeared and the Forum options are still there.

If it helps anyone get to the bottom of this issue, when I first activated the plugin and tried to direct me to the welcome page I, instead, go a message along the line of “Insufficient permissions” which was odd. I’m guessing it was then a permissions issue that prevented the menu options from then appearing in admin.

Seojobb
    Participant

@seojobb

Thanks Dartiss it worked when i have deactivated all plugins.

Robin W

@robin-w

@seojobb – so now you ned to work out which one is causing the conflict by re-enabling one at a time

David Artiss
    Participant

@dartiss

No, has happened again – menus have disappeared. As I mentioned previously, re-activating all plugins and it works again, so cannot narrow down the cause.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm, it must be on doing something with one of the plugins – like looking at the settings page of the plugin.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar