Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum keeps going back to wordpress

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • It might be that the .htaccess file of wordpress is over-writing the one that should be in the bbPress folder /beta/. I have heard this can happen. Do you have the .htaccess in the bbPress folder? What host are you running? I think (without searching) that this was something on GoDaddy, but I am not 100% sure…..

Trent

kicksonfire

@kicksonfire

What is my .htaacess file on my bbpress folder suppose to say?

And how can i create it if i have a mac?

I have my own server with theplanet.com

From the FAQ:

Create a file called .htaccess in bbPress’ root directory. Put only the following line in that new file.
    Options +MultiViews

Just upload a file like htaccess.txt with the line mentioned above and then use the FTP program to name it to .htaccess versus htaccess.txt (notice the dot before name).

WordPress is just thinking right now that you have a URL that doesn’t have an assigned page or post to it and it is getting screwed up! Try that one out!

Trent

kicksonfire

@kicksonfire

I did as u instructed… and now i cant even see my forum lol

http://kicksonfire.com/beta/ it goes to my wordpress

Just delete the file .htaccess out of the /beta/ folder again and I will see what I can dig up for getting wordpress to see it. Are you using any subdomains to see it or just the URL you setup above in config.php ?

Trent

kicksonfire

@kicksonfire

I got it working…. problem was i had saved the file as a rtf so when i switch the extension… it had like Options +MultiViews color ffff text size and stuff in it… i cleared it and insterted what you told me and everything works fine. thank you

Good deal ;)

Trent

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar