Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Icons ?

• Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

Hey all…

Hey to BBpress but have been working with / designing for many other platforms.. Anyways i was wondering what templates i would need to be editing in order to add a small forum icon next to the forum list… Much like how vBulletin / xenforo have a forum icon on the left before / next to the forum title.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Regards, Darren

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • If you know CSS you can easily add some styles to your to style sheet. If you use the default templete, it could look like this:

.bbPress.forum .entry-title {

/*Styles to add icon image to the left of this element goes here*/

}

Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

Thanks Martin…

Ive managed to edit some bbpress templates to include the “Featured” image for the forum.. but i was aiming to have something like different icons for forums read / unread like most other forum software has.

Cheers again, i’ll keep playing around with it and see what i can manage.

Regards, Darren

sunnyt7
    Participant

@sunnyt7

Hey Darren, let me know if you have any luck with this. I was looking to do the same thing.

I think this could be a great plugin. In fact, if memory serves correct, there was one like this for bbPress 1.x or 0.9.

There is just two main parts really. Optionally assigning icons to the Forums (which could either be a radio to select from a certain set or the featured image could be used to upload your own) and then the actual topics.

Wouldn’t be hard to execute. I’d actually love to do something like this as I think it would be fun, just don’t have the time at the moment.

Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

sunnyt7…. Ive managed to edit a template to insert a “featured image” and added support to my custom theme so when creating a forum the “featured image” box appears and allows the us of a image..

I stupidly forgot to pay my hosting account this month ($9-) lol now i have to wait until next week before i can activate my hosting / provide a live demo.

I’ll add a tutorial / Guide to this once ive got it sussed out correctly..

Sounds great Darren would love to see it, feel free to Pimp your site here.

A plugin would be cool and like Jared there is much on my plate at the moment.

Similar to Martin’s method above I have been using a custom icon font and targeting each forum like so with CSS where in this case the forum id is 34.

.bbp-forum-34 i:before {
      content: "\e112"; /* glyphicons_ */
    }

sunnyt7
    Participant

@sunnyt7

Sounds cool Darren.. definitely looking forward to see what it looks like.

And Stephen, I’m guessing you have to manually create a CSS class for each forum?

Yes… An entry in CSS for each forum

anthonyluth09
    Participant

@anthonyluth09

How was this passed? just through the bbpress css or?

WPDragon
    Participant

@wpdragon

Hi @netweb – I am trying to do exactly the same thing with adding a small image icon next the Forum name.

I tried to follow your CSS example, but im abit confused….Can you please help with how to get it working properly.

Your Example:

.bbp-forum-34 i:before {
      content: "\e112"; /* glyphicons_ */
    }

So – .bbp-forum-34 <— this I change to the name of my forum id.
    content: "\e112"; <— what is this & goes here?
    /* glyphicons_ */ <—- what is this & goes here?

Any type of response would be appreciated! Thanks!

That example I used was using the Glyphicons Font

Probably taking a look at this will give you a rundown on what you can use in CSS with before, after & content

CSSĀ Content

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar