Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum homepage display is bonkers

• blessedtoes
    Participant

@blessedtoes

Hi people-
    I am clueless on php and css, and frankly don’t even know if it’s a bbPress-theme conflict that is causing my problem. In other words, I don’t know who to ask for help – a WP expert or a php expert. Any direction or guidance would be DEEPLY appreciated.

I’m running bbPress in the OptimizePress theme (all versions the most current, including WP), and the forum homepage won’t show the parent and child forums as a list.

It looks like this:
    http://thrivingdiabetics.com/forum-2/

and I was really hoping it would look like every other forum on Earth, where all forums (parent and child) are listed in a vertical column. Right now you can only see 3 of 20 forums on that landing page.

Any insight, direction, guidance, total solutions, encouragements to give up would be appreciated. I was hoping to launch my site this week but am stuck here. I know I can re-structure the forums so there are no parent/child relationships but I can’t believe there isn’t some simple issue/fix here.

Thanks in advance!
    With gratitude,
    Matthew

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

If you want forums as a list, then you need to change the following

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css/bbpress.css

Line 120-122

#bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {
    	display: inline;
    	font-size: 11px;

change to

display: list-item;

This’ll then produce the vertical list

Now I expect to be told off for directly editing a plugin file, and if someone else knows how to get it to do the same with a themes functions.php or style.css, then I’d love to see how to do it.

You will need to make a note of this, as every bbpress plugin update will rub it out

Robin W

@robin-w

ok update to the previous

If you’re using a child theme, or one of your own, you can add this to your css

display: list-item !important;
    	}

and then bbpress updates will not overwrite

blessedtoes
    Participant

@blessedtoes

Once again, Robin to the rescue. You’re awesome. (Are we the only people in this forum? lol).
    Worked perfectly, thanks.
    With gratitude,
    Matthew

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar