Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Disappeared!

• bloggerdesign

@bloggerdesign

I followed the upgrade instructions and it never noticed my old posts. They are all gone and I’m back to zero! Help!!

Is there a manual way to upgrade? Can I import them all? HELP.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

First, I think I would use a tool like phpMyAdmin to look at the database and see if the old tables and old posts are there. Maybe you just have something like a different table prefix in your new installation so it’s not seeing the old installation any more?

Do you have direct access to the database to look and see what tables are present, then, what’s in the bb_posts table (or any other *_posts tables)?

bloggerdesign

@bloggerdesign

I found the issue. The table names were custom set to not interfear with anything that that wasn’t called out anywhere in the install process except in an advanced (hidden) area.

I’ve re-installed BBPress 4 times now and I finally go it to work, with all my old posts, but I can’t log in. :(

bloggerdesign

@bloggerdesign

Is there a manual way to get someone set to KeyMaster? I registered and was user #1. There seems to be no use #0 so there is no administer for the forum. I’m totally locked out. :(

bloggerdesign

@bloggerdesign

After a lot of digging and hacking I finally got a user set to admin level. Thank goodness for PHPmyAdmin. All is good now.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar