Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

force strong password at registration

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

any help?

tharsheblows
    Participant

@tharsheblows

This probably won’t help but just in case – I use Gravity Forms for a custom registration page and can enable various password strengths on the password field: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Password

I know what you mean about “too strong”!

batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

Thanks tharsheblows. Is this a paid plugin?

Is there a free plugin for this? I tried a few but no success… including this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-password-policy-manager/

maybe all these plugins don’t work with bbpress?

Richard B
    Participant

@rborsheim

bbpress bypasses the standard profile update of WordPress with its own form. So, none of the standard plug-ins are likely to do this. The function that needs to be modified is: bbp_edit_user_handler in wp-content\plugins\bbpress\includes\common\functions.php.

I added my own edit check (just before the caps check):

$symbol = preg_quote('~!@#$%^&*()_+-=[]{}"|?<>.,|£’);
    if (strlen($_POST[‘pass1’])<12)
    {
    if(!preg_match(‘/^(?=.*\d)(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[‘ . $symbol . ‘])[0-9A-Za-z’ . $symbol . ‘]{6,16}$/’, $_POST[‘pass1’])) {

bbp_add_error( ‘bbp_update_user_capability’, __( ‘ERROR: The password must be 6 or more characters with at least one uppercase, one lowercase, one digit and one symbol.’, ‘bbpress’ ) );
    return;
    }
    }`

It’s not really a check for “strong passwords” based on the WordPress meter, but it is better than nothing. I don’t really know enough about PHP/JavaScript etc. to do that. I also had the password generated modified to fit these rules, but the reality is that the generated password is already a “strong password”.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar