Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

First pass at a fix for “deep” integration in trunk

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

A first attempt at getting WordPress 2.7 and bbPress 1.0 to play nice again is now in trunk [1862].

I’m specifically talking about “deep” integration, i.e. when you include WordPress inside bbPress to gain access to WordPress’ functions.

This will need a lot of testing, so please post any issues you have on the relevant Trac ticket, #972 (which will stay open until some more testing has occurred).

I recommend using the following code at the top of your bbPress bb-config.php file to include WordPress inside bbPress:

if ( !defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    include_once( '/Full/Path/To/wp-load.php' );
    }

Note that this includes “wp-load.php” not “wp-config.php” or “wp-blog-header.php”. This avoids running WordPress’ template loader which presumably isn’t needed inside bbPress. Some implementations may want it though, so if you find you need it then give it a go and let us know how that goes.

Also note that all filters and actions set in WordPress whether default or added by plugins or themes are cleared out completely. That means that plugins and themes installed in WordPress cannot add filters or actions to bbPress at all. This may have some implications I’m not aware of yet.

Go nuts!

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)

• Markus Pezold
    Participant

@markus-pezold

Oh … so stupid…!

in WordPress my German language file is named de_DE.mo in bbPress the language file is named de.mo. After the deep integration bbPress seems to search for a file named de_DE.mo in ‘my-languages’.

So just renaming the language files made my day :)

Markus

PS. hmpf…

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar