Categories
Search
Bottom

Filename cannot be empty

• sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Hello All,

I have encountered a new problem-when anyone login to my forum http://www.thecollegehunt.com ,Login is sussessful but instead of welcome “UserName”,”Logout” message in the header its giving an error as follows:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/a1579447/public_html/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ” for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a1579447/public_html/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

Please someone help me.

Thanks,

Suresh..

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you change anything recently? How long was it fine, and when did it break? Was it ever OK?

It looks like bbPress is trying to include some template file and failing to do that? Did you change themes recently?

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

hello Chrishajer,

I didn’t changed any themes recently.The only change I did was my hosting provider.I changed my hosting provider from yahoo small business (paid hosting) to 000webhost(free hosting).I also changed my mail server to Google Apps by changing MX records.I uploaded entire website to 000webhost’s FTP server which I had downloaded from my yahoo FTP server and imported database of my website with yahoo to 000webhost.

After this change my website was working good for few days but suddenly it started showing this error.I tried replacing functions.bb-template.php file which is giving error with a fresh copy of it from BbPress original setup but in vain..

please help.

gerikg

@gerikg

start deactivating all plugins and activating one by one…

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Hello Gerikg,

I tried this but of no use..same error….

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Download a fresh copy of bbPress and upload it to your server. This might solve your issue.

derekboughton

@derekboughton

I have a similar problem –

I installed bbPress today and logged in as administrator then tried to move around the initial post.

Whenever I try to ‘Send Post’ (also when I try to ‘edit’ a post/topic; or click on a topic as administrator), I get the following error msg –

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /…../public_html/members/bbpress/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/…/public_html/members/bbpress/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ” for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/…./public_html/members/bbpress/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

I have re-FTPed ‘functions.bb-template.php’ but I still get the same problem.

There seems to be a bug in the code of ‘functions.bb-template.php’ – i.e. there is nothing within the brackets after the include function ().

Any way of resolving this quickly?

Thanks

Derek

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are you using any plugins? Are your plugins in my-plugins? Templates in my-templates? Are the permissions on my-plugins and my-templates 755 for both?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Chrishajer,

Permissions on my-plugins and my-templates are already set to 755 for both.I set these permissions once again,but of no use.It doesn’t seems to be a simple bug.The last option I am left with is to create new database and upload BbPress once again.

I will let you know if it works after uploading bbPress and creating new database….

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You don’t need to reinstall and create a new database. You should try to figure out what is wrong.

derekboughton

@derekboughton

In my case, I have not created any plug-ins or templates.

I changed Permissions on ‘my-plugins’ and ‘my-templates’ to 755 (from 750) but I still get the error every time I click on a topic.

The bug seems to be in ‘functions.bb-template.php’ which is exactly as it was downloaded from bbPress.

This is the important part of the error message –

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/…/public_html/members/bbpress/bb-includes/functions.bb-template.php on line 45

Can we get a techo from bbPress to checkout the code, particularly, why are the brackets empty?

Thanks

Derek

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Since there are very few reports of this, I think it is related to something in your setup. I can’t replicate the problem.

Did you integrate with WordPress or do anything other than just go through the installation procedure?

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

What differance does it make i.e. integration with WordPress ??

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You never know. When integrated, assuming it’s done correctly, there can still be functions that conflict with each other. So, it’s good information to have when troubleshooting.

XYDAC

@deepakseth

@Derek what do you mean by brackets are empty.the include function at line 45 should be

include( $template );

Can you pls clarify..??

derekboughton

@derekboughton

Hi deepak.seth, not sure if it is line 45 but yes, functions.bb-template.php contains ‘include( $template );’

However, the error message says “Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty”

So I am asking why is it empty? More importantly, why does the system not take me to the topic that I clicked on instead of giving me an error mesage?

Regards

Derek

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Derek, it’s not a common problem that happens with all installations, so it’s something specific to your setup. Can you upload the bbPress files again to overwrite the ones you have there now, to ensure that they were all transferred properly?

What version did you install? Was it installed over FTP or svn or something else? Anything interesting about your hosting setup (Windows, localhost, etc?) What is the PHP version?

Also, it’s just a warning, not an error. PHP warnings should not be displayed in the browser. Maybe that warning is masking what the true problem is? You can turn off PHP warnings and maybe then see if the forums work correctly? Eliminating the warning might just require a ticket at trac.bbpress.org to address, once we have more information about your hosting setup.

Is this a WAMP server with PHP 5.3.x?

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Hi everybody,

My problem is solved just by overwriting all the bbpress files at my forum http://www.thecollegehunt.com .The same may work for you.

derekboughton

@derekboughton

Hi Chris

It would be the latest version of bbpres – I downloaded 1 April (note that there seems to be nothing in the download that tells you what version you have – this should be remedied. In fact, I cannot find any ‘Read Me’ file either).

I FTPed the files. Ansers to your other questions are –

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga

Server version: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix)

However, the php version is PHP 5.2.9 (cli) (built: Jun 21 2009 – is this a problem that it is not 5.3.x?

Maybe I should just re-download and re-install?

Look forward to your advice.

Regards

Derek

derekboughton

@derekboughton

So Chrishajer, Is there a problem if my PHP is version 5.2.9??

Thanks

Derek

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No, there’s no problem with 5.2.9. In the very latest PHP 5.3.x on Windows, you will get additional warnings displayed, but that’s not an issue for you since you’re using Linux.

derekboughton

@derekboughton

Thanks – I have reloaded everything and started all over again and it now works.

Regards

Derek

I had the file not found, the permission of some files were set to 0 and not showing.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar