Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

File Path to Style Sheet of Custom Theme is incorrect

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Michael
    Participant

@michael888

Have you tried manually editing the theme itself? Try changing the code in header.php within the theme folder.

If it’s not that, it would have to be something with the integration (which I highly doubt) – I do not have enough knowledge with that as I’ve never integated before.

Happy New Year :)

Michael

Hi Michael,

Great idea. I tried it and also noticed that the first letter of the theme file needed to be a capital, your change and fixing the capital in the theme name worked!! You have made my day and New Year. I worked on the forum all day yesterday twice overriding my blog, which luckily my web host (BlueHost) backed up for me twice. Now I will start customizing. I am so excited!

HNY

Toni

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I am very glad it worked. :) Now I can finally see what your forum looks like. :)

If you need any help with customizing, don’t hesitate to ask.

I don’t want to be a show-off, but you might want to have a look at my forum to get some rough ideas – such as the way my table columns are structured etc.

Another thing to keep in mind: The ‘Add New’ link on the Latest Discussions table is not so much a great thing. If you like at the one on my forum, you’ll see that I have changed it to ‘RSS Feed’. I did this because people where simply adding a new topic from that link, and not choosing the correct child-forum for it to live in. So, now people have to navigate to their forum to create a new post.

Quite a nice thing to have – especially considering your forum doesn’t show only categories like mine does.

All the best

Michael

Hi Michael,

I did take a look at your forum and there are a few things that I like about it.

1. Welcome message at the top.

2. The board statistics at the bottom

3. template, which I have now changed mine to one by your template design

4. the icons –

5. your avatars with profile information

I have a long way to go, I added a plugin that causes an error. The plugin allows people to subscribe to the post or topic via email, it is “Subscribe to Topic” by _ck_. Which I really need to have. I understand what you are saying about the RSS, but my audience is not that technologically savvy. I think I can manage and move the topics I was already planning to do that.

Please let me know what plugins you have, it would be helpful. Your forum looks pretty new too. If you know of a good “subscribe to topic” plugin it would be helpful.

Thanks for offering to help. This is definitely going to be a revise as I go project.

Toni

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I see. :) I haven’t searched for any Subscribe to topic plugins, so I don’t know of any good ones. Matt will be releasing that built-in with version 1.1 – so I’m not sure how long you can wait.

These are the plugins I am currently using: http://www.inniosoft.co.cc/Plugins.png

Some of them do not work, and one of them is mine (General Statistics), which at the moment, shows the newest users.

If you don’t mind, may I have the link to your forum? I’d like to have a look at it. :)

Peace, Michael

there is not much there to look at yet. The link is http://www.troubledteenblog.com/forum. It is integrated with my blog which is really cool. Do you know what the plan is to release 1.1? I was originally waiting for buddypress, but it only works with MU. At wordcamp they said a version was coming out for those not on MU, but it has not happened yet.

Toni

Wow, just looked at the file of plugins, thank you. I only have two right now.

I sent _ck_ a message on his plugin but no reply yet.

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

Plans for 1.1 have not been finalized by Matt – so there is no date of when it will be released. A lot of features are still being considered – many of them coming from the IRC chats that happen every Wednesday.

Not sure about BuddyPress for WordPress – though if they say it will happen, then it will happen. It is a very popular package, so they would probably want to integrate it with normal WordPress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

tonicarr, have you seen this re: WordPress single and BuddyPress?

Single WordPress support in BuddyPress trunk is already quite stable. Who’s tried the latest?

Also, _ck_ is female.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for jumping in, are you / twitter link telling me that BuddyPress is now available for WordPress single? Would I just download the latest version of BuddyPress even if it is MU? Is this it? https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress/

Thanks for clarifying _ck_ is a female. =) So am I!

Toni

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No, I was just pointing out what the lead developer of BuddyPress said about it. I don’t believe it’s in a packaged release, it’s in ‘trunk’ which is sometimes unstable. It would be worth watching the BuddyPress releases to see when it’s available for single WordPress in a stable form. It’s coming.

Thanks! I an now following him on twitter and will keep my ears open for any news. In the meantime, back to bbPress. =)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar