Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fancy Editor Checkbox Not Sticking

• armando_e
    Participant

@armando_e

Hello, I am using the latest version of bbPress (2.3.2), buddyPress and WP 3.5. In the settings-forums, I cannot get the check box to use the fancy editor to stick. I click it on, hit save, and when it refreshes the box is un-checked and not working. I tried to switch to the default themes and it still doesn’t work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• therethere
    Participant

@emotionaltrash

im with the same problem.

the check box for fancy editor is not saving.

knsheely
    Participant

@knsheely

I am also having this issue. I assume it has to do with this option being ‘disabled’ as mentioned in the plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbpress-enable-tinymce-visual-tab.

I tried installing that plugin and enabling but the editor still doesn’t show up. Anyone have any information about this?

knsheely
    Participant

@knsheely

I get this issue because the BBP Threaded Replies plugin automatically de-activates the Fancy Editor.

bbPress Threaded Replies is incompatible with the Fancy Editor; enabling threading will automatically disable the Fancy Editor.

I’m not sure why they did that, but I was able to get around it by adding remove_filter('bbp_use_wp_editor', '__return_false'); to my theme’s functions.php file.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Threaded replies uses some JS to move the textarea around, and TinyMCE doesn’t play nicely with it unfortunately.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar