Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Example forums that use plugins for images

• steheap
    Participant

@steheap

I’m new to bbPress (haven’t started using it yet) but I’m realizing that to show inline photos in a post, I need to use a plugin.

Are there any live sites out there that have inline images in posts that I can look at to give me an idea of what is possible with bbPress and image plugins?

What is the most popular plugin for allowing upload and display of images?

Steve

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

why do you need a plugin ?

example cat picture

when you reply to this comment look at the toolbar there is an image upload by url (img) button.

if you want images to be uploaded to your server

add this function to your functions php (if you have a child theme already set)

add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bavotasan_bbpress_upload_media' );
    /**
     * Allow upload media in bbPress
     * This function is attached to the 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args' filter hook.
     */
    function bavotasan_bbpress_upload_media( $args ) {
    	$args['media_buttons'] = true;

return $args;
    }

but function only allows admins, moderators , and authors to upload images to your server.

you would then need to change some user role capabilities so that if you want subscribers to upload images to your server

steheap
    Participant

@steheap

Thanks for the info. I need to build this forum and then I can play with the extra capabilities

Steve

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

And then you also need to make it so that every user has a private album instead of all members seeing all media.

I have been trying this for a while and have issues making it true inline images.

Now I use the attachment plugin together with bp-album, bp-album allows members to create private albums for media, and it will post those images to the activity pages.

Here is a link to the forum I am building right now.
    Inline images for activity

This comes closest to what you need, I have also tried RTMedia plugin but that causes much problems and makes sites run slow, not too mention the errors from the W3C validator.

I do hope that BBPress will add a good image uploader soon.

P.H.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar