Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

“/” Escaping issue within my posts

  • I’ve setup bbPress succesfully and all that good stuff, but now I have this weird issue. Any normally “escaped” characters are showing up in all my and my users posts.

    Example:

    http://onctalk.com/bbPress/topic.php?id=165&replies=1

    Not a clue whats cuasing it, but its pretty annoying, so any help would be appreciated.

    Also, if I attemp to edit the post, then delete the slashes, they just reappear again, and if I left any existing slashes, more of them appear to escape the new “/” that was written in my edit post. (Which is why you see ///” instead of /”).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What plugins do you have installed? If you quickly rename your /my-plugins/ directory to something else and test post, does it do the same thing? That way we can find out if it is plugins and not the system iteself. If we can issolate it, we might be a solution faster!

    Trent

    Just tried renaming the plugins folder and doing a test post, and the same thing happened.

    I’m running bbPress 0.8.0.

    Around a week or so ago, I ported over an RS Discuss forum to bbPress (which is what you see right now). Did it using just SQL Queries, so I don’t think it should have effected anything in bbPress.

    Not sure if it will make a difference, but maybe upgrade to 0.8.1 and see if that helps this situation out.

    Trent


    chrishajer
    Participant

    @chrishajer

    This sounds suspiciously like:

    http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/670?replies=7

    http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/90?replies=25

    I think it was narrowed down to integration with WP by member: baptiste.

    I don’t know if it was solved yet or why it happens, but it seems like we’ve talked about it before.

    It happens on this forum as well. You get more \every time you edit a post one is added.

    Excample (used the code tags):

    echo '<li><a href="link-to-your-thingy.com">Thingy-name</a></li>';

    I didn’t add any in it Also code between the code tags shouldn’t be altered at all.

    Every time I edit this post (and leave the in) it wil ad 1 more…

    Edit:

    LOL seems to be fixed now :S

    What baptiste posted in another thread worked like a charm:

    “Easy fix (hack) in bb-includes/template-functions.php, update this function to look like this:

    function get_post_text() {

    global $bb_post;

    return stripslashes($bb_post->post_text);

    return stripslashes(apply_filters( ‘get_topic_title’, $topic->topic_title, $id ));

    }

    May be an artifact of the wordpress integration – not sure. “

    (Made a small change of adding the filter for the titles too… was originally split over two posts.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.