Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

ERROR: Your forum must have a parent ?

• Hi I am new to bbPress and BuddyPress 🙂

I have just installed: WordPress: 3.4.1 Theme: Salutation Version 1.4.3.1 bbPress: 2.1.1 BuddyPress: 1.5.7 + some more plugins

• how to create a parent bbpress group forum in buddypress?

I am a Administrator and have created a new Group and wants to create a forum but cant – get this ERROR: Your forum must have a parent?

But where do I create this parent forum? I have tried to create a Category but it didn help 🙁

I am a newbie i know 🙂 regards Tonny

NB! BuddyPress forum is not enabled

• This topic was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by groubee.
    • This topic was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by groubee.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I noticed this yesterday. Looks like a bug. Working on a fix.

I created a fresh forum and selected it as the “Parent Forum” of group forums through bbpress settings panel

gratefulweb
    Participant

@gratefulweb

This is a super old thread, but I thought I’d post a solution that I used to get by the issue of having to choose a parent forum, when creating a new forum, on the front end of the site.

In my case I just need to default to “NO PARENT” and will never want a user choosing a parent forum when creating a forum. So…

First, put a copy of “form-forum.php” into your child theme (childtheme/bbpress/form-forum.php).

Within form-forum.php, scroll down to the Parent Form label, which has an id of “bbp_forum_parent_id”.

You can comment out then entire bbp_dropdown function and then add an html input field with same name, id and a value of -1.

<input type=”hidden” name=”bbp_forum_parent_id” id=”bbp_forum_parent_id” value=”-1″>

The key part being the value of “-1”

Hope that helps someone!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar