Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error when submitting topic/reply

• ryandoz
    Participant

@ryandoz

I am having trouble with running bbPress 2.2.4 and BuddyPress 1.6.4 on the Custom Community 1.14 theme with WordPress 3.5.1 . I have disabled all other plugins and rebuilt permalinks to different structures, to no avail.
    The site is http://www.surprisecommunity.com
    When my registered users click “Submit” to enter a topic or a reply, an error page results. It seems that there is some conflict in the slug/permalink configuration. The new topic/reply will post but not before the user is shown a page like this:

`

302 Found

Found
    The document has moved here.

Additionally, a 302 Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:13:24 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Server: Nginx / Varnish
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.13
    X-Pingback: http://www.surprisecommunity.com/xmlrpc.php
    Expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Set-Cookie: bp-message=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie: bp-message-type=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    `

followed by a bunch of jibberish like this:
    `
    ‹���������ÿÿÝ}kwÛF’ègûWôPÇ£x–à[²,ÙÊñ$“ÙÙ›ìdcÏÌîIru@a“€’µZý÷[ÕÏê@Pdç*±DÝÕÕÕÝÕÕõê7¿ûú¯_}ø¯ïÿÄ–ÕzžÿÛ¿ýËW¬õûÿÕïýáköŸÿúá»oÙ°7`ŠxS¦UšmâU¿ÿ§ï°Î²ªòÓ~ÿúúºw=îeÅeÿÃýÏkˆ•åǨ”5{ójÞ9þü
    oñózµ)ßà _¿~-ªwØ*Þ\¾í$›èoï¡æ³7Ë$ž³¼Èé*Ñu/×ù%¯ùy±é‡XðÙ›uRÅ DÉ/Ûôêmç«lS%›*úp“’6ßÞvªäsÕÇÆÎØleR½ýÛ‡
    `

Any ideas about what is going on??

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

HTTP 302 Errors are to do with mod_rewrite and redirects, take a look at any .htaccess rules you have and/or modifications to these rules that your theme is making.

arcandio
    Participant

@arcandio

I’m now having this same problem. I’ve been all over the site so far, and all I’ve really found is that I need to fix my mod_rewrites or reset my permalinks. To restate my problem, when I test a post on my forum, it loads a page similar to what ryandoz posted. If I refresh/reload the page, the proper page comes up.

I’m working with a pretty vanilla install here, until this happened, I hadn’t even changed the permalinks from the default install (done by SimpleScripts). I don’t know enough about apache to know how to properly fix my .htaccess file to rewrite the urls, and anyway, I would prefer if I could set it up in WordPress.

So, what’s the deal with the rewriting? What exactly is actually going on? bbPress is asking for a url that isn’t rewritten, then the server tells the client the page was moved? Is that not something that bbPress can handle? I really have to put extra Rewrite rules in my .htaccess if I want to have a vanilla install of WordPress use a vanilla install of the bbPress plugin?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar