Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error message: No input file specified

• A post was made to my support forum today that, when clicked on, only results in the message “No input file specified.”

I have pretty permalinks enabled, which I expect is part of the problem (though I can’t disable that feature now that it has been enabled for some time).

A link to the message is here:

http://www.ornj.net/support/topic/buttons–1

Is there anything I can do to recover the post?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

It probably has to do with the question mark in the original topic title.

Check your database and see if the topic slug contains the question mark as well.

There may be some discrepancy between the URI that is being produced and the topic slug it is trying to match in the database.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I found your topic…..

it’s here

Looks like there is a problem with the way slugs are generated and incremented.

I’ll look into it.

Thanks, Sam.

That topic seems to be an old one that, coincidentally, has the same name. I’ll look into the database slug, though. If I find that it has a question mark in it, is it safe to delete the character (and modify the database directly)?

EDIT: I checked the database and the slug does not contain a question mark. Here are some details that may or may not help, though:

The title of the thread “Buttons ?” is identical (right down to the space before the question mark) to another post. The slugs for the two posts are “buttons-” and “buttons–1”.

Is there anything I can do to the database in the meantime to fix the error. (Say, manually change the slug to something else?) Since this is a live support site, I don’t want to leave this thread broken, but I don’t want to risk breaking the site either.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar