Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

• april
    Participant

@aprilmaynard

I’m having some issues with this plugin. Hopefully someone here can help.

I’ve installed on a local installation, using Instant WordPress.

I’ve read everything on here about this error and it’s all about ports but I do not know how to make a change to a) Instant WordPress or b) bbpress to fix the issue.

My error is ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

Yes. Yes I am.

Can anyone offer some insight? Explain it like I’m 5, because the existing answers do not seem to work for me.

I have the most recent versions of WordPress and bbpress installed. I can create forums and topics with the WordPress dashboard, but not replies. I cannot create forums, topics or replies using the plugin at all.

Thank you!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• enewsdigest
    Participant

@enewsdigest

Dear April,

I am having the same issue. I also am deploying and testing in Instant WordPress. Have the same problem. Pity no one has come to rescue till now.

Morisu
    Participant

@morisu

I think this has to do with the fact that we are developing on a local machine and not on an actual server. I have seen multiple issues opened because of this error, but no one seems to want to resolve this issue at all. I resolved it by just uploading it to an actual server and working from there. Yes it’s more tedious, but until someone comes forward with how to fully resolve this issue on local machines, you’re stuck with that solution. For styling, I ended up doing the above, throwing in a lot of replies and topics, then dumped the html into a stand-alone html file. Then styled from there on the local machine and re-uploaded the css afterwards. It more than triples the time and work, but it works. If you have a client, just let them know that is the only way as for now. As for why you’re getting the error, I understand it that bbPress logs the ip from the user each creation of a topic/reply and does not recognize 127.0.0.1 or localhost as valid ip’s (which is what most MAMP/WAMP installs use). WordPress is fine with it, but not bbPress, or so I understand it.

Peter J. Herrel
    Participant

@donutz

Bumped into this while developing locally, a solution is to filter the requested url in bbp_verify_nonce_request:

add_filter( 'bbp_verify_nonce_request_url', 'my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url', 999, 1 );
    function my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url( $requested_url )
    {
        return 'http://localhost:8888' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
    }

Robin W

@robin-w

@donutz – thanks for sharing that, I’ll add it to the codex when I get a moment !

Jack
    Participant

@moxie

Where do I have to add that code? I just tried adding it in my functions.php, but that doesn’t seem to work. I’m also working locally, using Bitnami.

roodigi
    Participant

@roodigi

Hello, same question here… Where should we add the code shown in Peter J. Herrel’s post? I searched and couldn’t find a reference to this in the codex. Thanks!

mchl
    Participant

@mchl

thanks @Peter J. Herrel worked a treat.

@roodigi you add it to your functions file.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.