Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Erasing "These fields are required" in the registration page and the profile.

• I was wondering if there is a way to delete, hide, or edit “These fields are required” text in the profile page and the registration page.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Just the text that is displayed? The fields would still be required and go through validation? Just edit the template file register.php and eliminate that line:

./bb-templates/kakumei/register.php line 65

<p class="required-message"><?php _e('These items are <span class="required">required</span>.') ?></p>

You could also hide the text with some jQuery, but I think it’s easiest to just remove the text from your template file.

Thanks Chris,

Are you familar with the “bbpress-forum” template. It doesnt have a specific register.php. Maybe thats why I am having such a hard time with this “what should be an easy” fix.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Copy the register.php from the bb-templates/kakumei/ folder into your theme folder. If you don’t have a theme file present in your theme, the file from the default theme is used. Since that’s happening now, go ahead and copy the register.php into your theme folder and make the modifications there.

Thanks Chris, super helpful.

Does this work with any php file?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Any theme file, yes. If the file is not present in your theme, the missing file from the default theme is used instead.

I was not aware. Appreciate it.

So for the profile.php, I would have to create profile-base.php, profile-edit.php, and profile.php to the templates files?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can copy any file that is not in your template folder, directly from the kakumei folder. Then modify the ones you copied. It’s a bad idea to modify the files in the kakumei folder, and to get the functionality you want, you are probably going to be editing template files. So make copies of any you do not have in your theme folder already.

Ok I accomplished the registration page edit. But now I cannot find what line its on in the profile-edit.php.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar