Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Embedding individual topics in various parts of a web site

• Hello! Have been looking things over here and I’m wondering if this is the solution to my problems. :) I’m working on a web site with the following requirements:

1. Admins, and only admins, start new topics.

2. One topic, and one topic only, needs to be embedded in a web page. Each of the similar web pages will have a different topic.

3. Users can add their comments to a given topic (once they register.)

Can / how can this be done with bbPress? If not, do you have any suggestions about other software that can do this?

Thanks so much.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

You just need WordPress to do that. Create a new page for each topic and turn comments on. Just make sure only registered members can comment.

Thanks, Andre. I can see how this can work pretty well with regard to the administration of the topics, etc. What about embedding an individual topic in a web page, that has other content? Here’s an example. The idea is that the specific topic will go under the “discussion” tab. Thanks again.

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

That would probably require bbPress 2.0. You could insert a topic specific short code into the discussion tab. You’d also have a separate area that has all of the forum content, but you wouldn’t have to put a visible link to the forum anyplace.

[bbp-single-topic id=$topic_id] – Show a single topic

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar