Categories
Search
Bottom

Emails being sent to noreply@www.mysite.com for subscription emails

• rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

Hi guys,

I’m not sure exactly why this is happening, but I’m guessing it’s due to the way subscription emails are sent out and the no-reply address grabbing the site info incorrectly.

Am I right in assuming that when there are subscriptions to a forum/ topic, they now get sent out as one email with everyone Bcc’d?

Anyway, when someone posts a new topic on my site – and I guess there are subscribers – I say guess, as I don’t think there is a way of us seeing subscriber numbers – an email must get generated to notify them.

Well I’ve been getting non-deliverable emails back at me saying that one of these emails was sent to noreply@www.mywebsite.com and that the address doesn’t exist.

Well with the www. in there it won’t exist.

Why would BBPress be trying to send an email to a noreply address in the first place?

Could someone explain – it’s probably obvious, so sorry in advance!

Thanks so much for your time!

Ross :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

Anyone else seeing this folks?

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

Just discovered that it looks like this is for the email alerts sent out when you are subscribed to an entire forum, not just a topic.

I’ll post a TRAC ticket, see if you guys can recreate it.

jgjh151
    Participant

@jgjh151

Having same issue. Was wondering what was filling up deferred mail log. noreply@www.domain.com. Should not even be sending to/from noreply@ by default.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.