Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Email address as user name?

• nbglobetrotter

@nbglobetrotter

Is there any way I can use an email address as the user name?

This is OK in WordPress but not in BBPress, so integrated logins dont work.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Even if I think that this is not intended to be so, it is more a feature than a bug.

If you use your email address as username every spambot can read it out. Therefore it’s just careless. I advise you not to use your email address as username. ;-)

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

yes right, at the moment the login name is used on all places in the forum, in WP you have the option to choose what user information will show up on the blog pages.

BTW. using an email address as login is not smart, just imagine you will loose the email account and you can’t recover the password because teh mail is send to the old email address.

I wrote some authentication class and most of the users are happy with a separate login name. In bbpress it’s possible to use multiple login names with same email address, this is sometimes very helpful…

Guys, and what about OpenID? My users are able to login to WordPress, but bbPress just strips all dots while trying to login. E.g. WP login: a-bishop.com, bb Login page shows a-bishopcom and says that password is incorrect. How can we fix it?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar