Edit reply page does not load right

• projetRSSMO
    Participant

@projetrssmo

WP 3.4.2
    bbPress 2.2
    http://rssmo.qc.ca
    The theme I use is Custom Community 1.10

A small but annoying problem: when users (or admins) try to edit their replies, the page that loads does not seem to load properly. They have to leave frontend and go to the dashboard in order to do so, because only half the frontend edit page loads and there is no “update” button in sight. Am I the only one with that problem? Any advice? Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• projetRSSMO
    Participant

@projetrssmo

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Looks like a CSS issue in your theme. Try display: block;’ing the main content div, or the wrapper around your content. Possible you have some other weird float/overflow CSS that’s causing this also.

projetRSSMO
    Participant

@projetrssmo

Thank you for the fast reply. However, since i’m really no programmer at all, I have no idea what you mean. English is also a second language for me.

“Try display: block;’ing the main content div, or the wrapper around your content.”

The first part of the sentence does not make sense to me, and I don’t understand what you mean by “wrapper”.

Are you suggesting that I modify a CSS file? If so, you’ll have to tell me exactly where and how!

The other weird display problem that I get is since I activated bbPress, the page of the installed plugins menu (admin dashbord) does not show up when I click on it. I have to mouse over for some elements to show up. I can also reduce the size of my browser, and the parts of the page that are “hidden” suddenly appear once I resize the page to a big size. Weird stuff. Otherwise eveything runs perfectly.

I’d just like to make forum members able to easily edit their posts.

Thank you.

projetRSSMO
    Participant

@projetrssmo

Okay, so I tried modifying a few CSS lines with the display: block; command but either it brought no change or it just made it worse. It is probably a conflict between CSS of my theme or another plugin. Since it is not crucial that members can edit their post, I set the time to 0 minute so they just can’t edit anymore.

The installed plugins display issue is still there though, but it already was with the previous bbPress version. I can live with that!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar