Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Easy answer – email notification / subscribe to topic

• Hi there,

I have looked through many posts on this topic, but I can’t find an answer.

All I need to know is: is email notification now built into BBpress?

If not, which plugin definitively works for email notification?

I can’t get @thomasklaiber ‘s email notification plugin to work, and judging by the threads, the best bet is ‘subscribe by email’. That one shows above threads, but does nothing once selected.

Surely there is a way to follow topics by email. This has been asked for at least 4 years… is it just my theme?

J

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

You can either use bbPress 0.9 with the Subscribe to Topic plugin or install the yet-to-be-released bbPress 1.1 alpha which has that feature built-in. The Subscribe to Topic Plugin by _ck_ doesn’t work with the current version of bbPress, i.e. 1.0.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

You can either use bbPress 0.9 with the Subscribe to Topic plugin or install the yet-to-be-released bbPress 1.1 alpha which has that feature built-in. The Subscribe to Topic Plugin by _ck_ doesn’t work with the current version of bbPress, i.e. 1.0.

Thanks Gautam. Is it safe to install 1.1 alpha? When will it be released? So it won’t work with Bechet 1.0.3 hey? Boohoo…

Thanks Gautam. Is it safe to install 1.1 alpha? When will it be released? So it won’t work with Bechet 1.0.3 hey? Boohoo…

t.sjogren
    Participant

@tsjogren

Hi

I have 1.0.3 installed and would like to add e-mail notification. What is the best way to do this?

t.sjogren
    Participant

@tsjogren

Hi

I have 1.0.3 installed and would like to add e-mail notification. What is the best way to do this?

cavenewt
    Participant

@cavenewt

I’m running v1.02 and actually got notifications running using xili “new post notification” which I found in the plugins section here. Any forum or topic marked as a favorite or for RSS gets an email, even if the user doesn’t follow through with the RSS part.

cavenewt
    Participant

@cavenewt

I’m running v1.02 and actually got notifications running using xili “new post notification” which I found in the plugins section here. Any forum or topic marked as a favorite or for RSS gets an email, even if the user doesn’t follow through with the RSS part.

Thanks Gautam. But I’m running 1.1 still got the problem, why?

Thanks Gautam. But I’m running 1.1 still got the problem, why?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar