• K-Path
    Participant

@auriel

WordPress 4.0 running Montezuma theme.
    bbPress Version 2.5.4
    Site location:
    http://ecopsi.org/forums/

Breadcrumbs
    Including the theme I have three sets of breadcrumbs with the WP theme breadcrumbs at the top and which follow the forums well enough. Below are of course the two bbPress breadcrumbs. I want to hide both the bbPress breadcrumbs. The one immediately above the forums and the partial one on the right next to the search box.

I found some helpful things here

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

and here

bbPress Styling Crib

Unfortunately the directions assume expertise beyond mine. I was able to do things like float [subscribe] to the right of the console but hiding the breadcrumbs per the directions didn’t work for some reason. My php kung fu isn’t much to brag about.

Forums Name
    A more experienced person helped me change the name [Forums] to [The EcoPsi Forums] but it only partially worked and didn’t change the name in the primary breadcrumbs at the top. It also didn’t change the name of the root of the forums which is still [Forums]. I want make the [Home] link at the root of the forums go away. It annoyingly tempts me to click thinking I’ll return to the root of the forums but instead takes me to root of the website.

Finally, how do I make the posts and the editor wider. Is that CSS controlled by my theme or bbPress? Any idea how long it’s going to be before Live Preview is ready for prime time?
    https://github.com/r-a-y/bbp-live-preview/

Needful Things

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Glad you found some stuff I have written useful

Unfortunately to get to the level you want to you will need to start dabbling with code

Functions files and child themes – explained !

should help you.

Breadcrumbs

but hiding the breadcrumbs per the directions didn’t work for some reason.

You’d need to tell us what you did to help you further

Forums name

That initial breadcrumb belongs to your theme, so you’ll need to query it with your theme provider.

Any idea how long it’s going to be before Live Preview is ready for prime time?

that code is written by a private individual, so no-one but him can say when it would be live, and I don’t know if it works !

Finally, how do I make the posts and the editor wider. Is that CSS controlled by my theme or bbPress?

theme !

Robkk

@robkk

bbp-live-preview worked when i tried it

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar