Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Double Posts

• When a post creator hits “Send Post” and if there is a unexpectedly slow response because of a temporary stall, slow pipe or outage and they click on “Send Post” a second time……viola…..double post.

Is there an easy fix to prevent the double post from occurring?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You know, there was a post here a year or more ago about using javascript to prevent duplicate form submissions, but I can’t find it right now. I did find some results with google though, just not at this site.

http://www.google.com/search?q=prevent+duplicate+form+submission+javascript

The solution posted here at bbpress.org was similar to this one (at the end):

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_help_desk/showpost.php?s=95582078bfca56f52bafd97c9de84643&p=12854&postcount=2

Hi,

I’m using 1.0 alpha 2 and had the same issue and used this to disable the the button and change it’s label/value after submission.

On the edit form, replace:

<input type=”submit” id=”postformsub” name=”Submit” value=”<?php echo attribute_escape( __(‘Post Message’) ); ?>” tabindex=”4″ />

with

<input type=hidden id=hidden1><input type=”submit” id=”postformsub” onclick=”this.disabled=true;hidden1.name=this.name;hidden1.value=this.value;this.value=’Please Wait…’;this.form.submit();” name=”Submit” value=”<?php echo attribute_escape( __(‘Post Message’) ); ?>” tabindex=”4″>

This creates a hidden form field which the submit buttonvalues are passed to before it’s disabled, as when it’s disbaled it won;t work as a submit button.

I hope that helps.

I similar thing can created on on the edit form.

Bharat

the WITH replace code does not seem to appear corectly – I think because it had not spaces. here it is again:

<input type=hidden id=hidden1><input type=”submit” id=”postformsub” onclick=”this.disabled=true; hidden1.name=this.name; hidden1.value=this.value; this.value=’Please Wait…’; this.form.submit();” name=”Submit” value=”<?php echo attribute_escape( __(‘Post Message’) ); ?>” tabindex=”4″>

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar