Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Don’t you think wordpress and bbpress projects are starting to overlap?

• Feedback for bbpress developers;

Regarding wordpress-bbpress integration, don’t you think wordpress and bbpress projects are starting to overlap?

I’ve been trying to integrate wordpress and bbpress and now I have;

* two login forms and profiles

* there are some css properties in the style sheet that are defined with same names that in wordpress; h2, h3, .alt …

* Afer adding <?php require_once(‘/wamp/www/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php’); ?> for integration, I load wordpress functions again if accessed the web through wordpress frontpage.

* Some times I’d like to use the same plugins in both; wordpress and bbpress, or any other feature/modification, so I need to duplicate the work. You activate a wordpress plugin and you have to find a similar plugin that could work in bbpress or any workaround.

I wonder if developers are considering a bbpress version as a plugin for wordpress :)

imho

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Right now, development on bbPress is for a standalone version of bbPress that can be expanded with plugins. There have already been many discussions in the bbdevlist about integration with wordpress. Mdawaffe (head developer) started out with a couple of plugins to integrate the logins of the 2 programs and anything else that is developed to integrate the 2 programs are also going to be plugins.

Answering your question about the functions, the framework is there to have the 2 integrated, but no plans of yet to release a joint copy. Believe it or not, most people that use bbPress (200,000 or so) do not integrate with wordpress. It is a functionality that is growing in popularity though.

You have some good points on the subject, but I would imagine that if bbPress is released as something that works out of the box with WordPress, it will happen through plugins or through someone ‘forking’ bbPress development towards the integrated solution.

I am not a developer here, so I these are just my opinions and things that I have read. I think that you should join the bbdevlist and put your opinions in! The developers read that more than these forums! Here is the link to join if you haven’t already!

Development

Trent

Hi Trent! Thanks for your message;

Dou you mean this list? -> https://lists.bbpress.org/mailman/listinfo/bbdev

I am not a developer anywhere, just a bb/wordpress theme clumsy modifier, not sure if I should join. :)

It is more ‘keeping in the loop’ and your can set it up to ‘digest’ so you don’t get as many emails. It is just nice to know where things are going if you are interested!

Trent

“It is just nice to know where things are going if you are interested!”

-> you’re right :) I’ll join

I agree with the ideas of having a plugin that will do the integration of both standalone BBPress and WordPress.

One of the strength of WordPress is its easy installation & expansion through plugins. But the only missing thing is good plugin that will do the integration with forums seamlessly.

I’m really looking forward for this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar