Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Don't have Permission to Access bbPress

• CorpWritingPro
    Participant

@corpwritingpro

I am the administrator on my site and the keymaster on my forum. All other users are members and participants, respectively.

When I try to access the settings features on bbPress, the plugin returns an error telling me I do not have sufficient permissions to access the page. I have deleted both Buddy Press and bbPress and reinstalled both. The error continues.

Neither the forum tab nor the group tab appears on my Dashboard.

I’m running WordPress 3.5.1 with Genesis 1.9.2 and Prose 1.5.2 and Genesis Connect for Buddy Press 1.2.1

Suggestions?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hmm, not sure why that would get screwy but it seems to happen.

Try going to Tools > Forums > and checking/running “Remap existing users to default forum roles”.

CorpWritingPro
    Participant

@corpwritingpro

That sounds like a good solution, but the Tools menu doesn’t have a Forums option. Tools has Available Tools, Import, and Export

fencer_x
    Participant

@fencer_x

Having the same problem, and it just happened in the past few days. I haven’t added any new plugins or anything–nor have I touched bbpress, so what gives?

All of the Forums options are gone from the sidebar in the admin dash, there’s nothing under tools or settings, absolutely no indication that forums even EXIST–except on the frontend, which works fine.

My username as an admin is also still listed as Keymaster in the Users table, but I receive the “you don’t have sufficient permissions to access this page” when I try to access wp-admin/options-general.php?page=bbpress

Obviously can’t remap anything, and I tried upgrading to 2.3.1, but nothing changed.

Melanie_D
    Participant

@melanie_d

I have this same issue. I reset to the default user roles in WordPress and the bbPress pages are now available, but to deactivate and reactivate the plugin causes the same issue to come back.

Melanie_D
    Participant

@melanie_d

After testing a few times. I deactivated bbPress and BuddyPress. Reset to default user roles. Activated bbPress then BuddyPress, then setup permalink settings for bbPress and everything works great now.

nickmartin
    Participant

@nickmartin

Ugh I wanted to install BBpress on my main website and as soon as I click “activate” after the plugin has installed I get the “You don’t have permission to access the page” notification.

I’ve tried uninstalling/installing countless times and tried to see what happens on my site when I click activate.

So after I get the insufficient access message, I go back and try to activate again. This time it works, but I don’t get any admin menus, and no tools options.

I do however get the forum keymaster role field in my WP users interace, and I can also change the theme of the admin to the green colors.

No matter what I try I cannot get the thing to work 🙁 Anyone else have these issues?

nickmartin
    Participant

@nickmartin

I am not using Buddy Press only the BBpress forum plugin.

Also, after I have deactivated –> deleted the plugin the theme colors revert back to the old ones. As soon as I try to install and activate again, it remembers the theme color settings and changes it back to the green (but still no menu and same no access notification).

Also, after I deactivate –> delete the plugin, I still see the keymaster category in my WP users page, but there is no forum column in the members list.

Is there any way I can completely remove every trace of bbPress from my WP install?

Thanks, really frustrated 🙁

nickmartin
    Participant

@nickmartin

Just noticed it also seems to install the bbPress widget on my admin frontpage, and if I try to click on one of the categories I get “Hey, Are you trying to cheat?”

I was just able to install bbPress on another fairly new WP install of mine, so it seems like it’s this WP install that is bugging me.

I am using the latest WP 3.5.1 and all themes/plugins are up2date.
    I am using latest Arras theme 1.5.1.2.

Here is a list of the active plugins I have running:

Akismet
    All In One SEO Pack
    Associated Posts Lite
    bbPress
    Fast Secure Contact Form
    GD Star Rating
    Google Analytics for WordPress
    Google XML Sitemaps
    Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin
    Redirection
    Simple Local Avatars
    Smart Youtube PRO
    WordPress Backup to Dropbox
    WordPress Related Posts
    WP eMember
    WP No Category Base – WPML compatible
    WPtouch

Hoping someone has an idea as I would LOVE to try our bbPress for my main site.

Thanks!

nickmartin
    Participant

@nickmartin

Figured out what my problem was: All in one SEO plugin conflict 🙁 I remember they recently upgraded and so did I. If I deactivate the plugin I get all the bbPress admin menus up. Also found this thread (scroll to the last part) https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/lost-permissions-for-administrator/ for more info.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar