Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Does standalone bbPress share the same login as WordPress?

• I started to use the bbPress plugin version for WordPress because i wanted by users to only have to log in once to get into both my WordPress and my associated bbPress forums.

I also liked the fact that for me behind the scenes, the bbPress plugin admin is within the WordPress admin… but this is not as important to me as the above shared login point.

Anyway, the bbPress plugin has plagued me with bugs, as it is apparently only a beta version.

So, seeing as the standalone bbPress is more developed, I am thinking of using that. I just assumed that my users would have to log in twice if implement the standalone bbPress – is this the case? If you can get the standalone to share user login with WordPress, then i will use that!!

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Yes, you can get the standalone version to use the WP user tables and then also integrated the cookies for single log-on. Please consult the docs. :)

DKB
    Participant

@dkb

How can i get single login for bbpress sites on different domains?

DKB, doing this across multiple domains would be even awesomer! To enable something like this, can I get freelancers to do it for me for reasonable money? Or would that be so expensive that I’d be better of doing it myself. You say consult the docs (and thanks, Gautam) but I must stress I know nothing about codey stuff! Can anyone suggest a reliable WP/bbPress freelance coder?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If you’re not a developer, the time it would take you to learn how to integrate multiple versions of bbPress/WordPress with cookie sharing would most likely not be cost effective.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar