Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Do pingbacks work with bbPress, without caveats?

• Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

It strikes me as a really useful feature to have for forums, yet it doesn’t seem to be included by default for the forum post type. Is there any particular reason for this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No reason other than wanting to nail down the root functionality of the forums themselves first. There are lots of little WP do-dads that we can take advantage of, and pingbacks will likely be on the list for 2.1.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Great, thanks for letting me know. So there is no speed arguments, e.g. a site with 1’000’000 posts could get bogged down if it has thousands of incoming links?

p.s. sorry for repeatedly posting in ‘Installation’, I just don’t take notice of it very easily.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It wouldn’t be anymore bogged down than a site with 1 million blog posts, which is to say that once you have that kind of traffic and data store, you are probably backed by the proper hardware to handle it. :)

@johnjamesjacoby I read https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-0-updates/ and am just wondering if I create a forum topic with an external URL that it will tell that blog that I pinged them, now?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar