Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Displaying Forum

• Hi All,

I own a web business and am now using bbpress 2.0 and buddypress together.

I’m a bit confused about the Forum; but for now can display the bbpress one.

However, I woudl rather have the buddypress forum; because it looks so much nicer in

it’s appearance (group forum).

But the problem is, with buddypress I cannot add new topic.

What is the matter, and how do I fix?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I would much rather display the “Community forum through Buddy Press” which is located here –

http://buddy.focusonedesign.ca/community/#new-topic

But it WONT allow me to add new topic.

Why and how do we fix?

travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

Looks like you still have both activated. You can use both, provided you change link settings for bbPress 2.0.

BuddyPress will claim the /forums/ permalink (and create a page). Try changing your Archive slugs in the bbPress Forums Settings Page (Settings > Forums) to something other than /forums/. /community/ is a good choice.

By doing so, you are effectively using both forum types (groups and site). The group forums will be through /forums/ and the site forums will be through /community/.

If you don’t want both forums types, deactivate the bbPress 2.0 plugin.

Hi and thank you so much for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have taken your suggestion and have deactivated the bbpress plug-in.

So now I only have the community page set as a forum.

But still cannot add a new topic.

Any ideas?

travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

Try setting up the group forums again through the BuddyPress Admin. Note though, that by effectively deactivating bbPress 2.0, the issue is now BuddyPress related, not bbPress 2.0.

Try re-installing (or using an existing install) of the Forums for Groups through BuddyPress.

I had this same issue not long ago, but unfortunately don’t remember the exact fix. I know I played with the group forum settings in the buddypress admin area and got it working as expected.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have done that, actually re-installed 3 times to no avail with “adding a new topic” in the forum (with just the BuddyPress installed).

Then, I deleted everything, set up a new domain, new database and did a clean installation alltogether – and this time it works :). Thank heavens!

New link is: http://community.focusonedesign.ca

I will be working on it over the coming days, and hope all works well.

Thanks again :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar