Categories
Search
Bottom

Description/Intro text on top of Forum page

• Sarathbabu_k
    Participant

@sarathbabu_k

Hi,

I need to add some text above the list of forums on the main forum page – just some basic intro text. One of the requests in Forum actually answers this but that doesnt work in my case. (I couldnt find a forum front page file inside my themes folder ) and I can’t seem to identify which file I need to edit; can someone point me in the right direction?

I am using BP-Nicey theme and BP 1.7.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• dieuw26
    Participant

@dieuw26

I have exactly the same question. Al my pages start with my header, precontent with page-title and then page-content. BBpress only repeats my header and not the page-title. I also want some intro tekst on the page-content before the forum starts. Does anyone know which bbpress php file i should edit? Or, and this would be easier, is there a way in which i can load a forum in a page?

Would be really nice if someone knows

Thanks!

Copy

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/content-archive-forum.php

to

wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/bbpress/content-archive-forum.php.

Edit as you see fit. You’ll likely want to place whatever before <div id="bbpress-forums">.

You can copy any template elements that you want/need to change to a bbpress folder inside your theme and bbPress will automagically use those template files instead of the default ones.

PrancingHorse
    Participant

@prancinghorse

Hello,

Is this still a valid solution? I noticed that the location of this file has since moved

from: wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/content-archive-forum.php

to: /yorkregiontutoring/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-archive-forum.php

Where would I move the file now? And is it a permanent move and not just a copy?

Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

you don’t; move, you duplicate and then change

so the original file sits in

/yorkregiontutoring/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-archive-forum.php

and you copy this to

wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/bbpress/content-archive-forum.php

and then make changes

bbpress will look at this new file as being the active one

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar